Thread: Looking for a DMX board to control FB3 in Neo Laser NLD 250 LDRGB Disco Series!

Question Looking for a DMX board to control FB3 in Neo Laser NLD 250 LDRGB Disco Series!

Hi,

Bought a fairly abused NLD 250 LDRRGB Disco Series laser on the cheap! ("Oh why" i here cries from a far!)

Actually it works very well when running from LivePro. I then proceeded to try and get it working with DMX but to no avail. After removing the casing i found that someone had (mercilesly ripped the still beating) removed the DMX board from the unit.

A few of my many questions are as follows:

1. Can i buy a DMX board for the FB3? How much etc.

2. I have a small black Cypher light (DAC?) box that also has 3 pin in/out DMX sockets how do i get this to understand DMX does anyone know how to change the channel settings?

Also i have a dodgy X axis Galvo sometimes i switch the laser on and get a brutal clicking sound from it! Then if i wiggle the connector it jumps into life. Any tips on loose galvo connections?

Sorry for the question overload thanks for your time.

Hi still no reply?

Sorry to hassle but does anyone know of a decent yet reasonably cheap dmx controller for an FB3 board?

Many thanks!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by grovenstien View Post
    Hi still no reply?

Sorry to hassle but does anyone know of a decent yet reasonably cheap dmx controller for an FB3 board?

Many thanks!

Your only source is likely to be Pangolin. Give them a call. FB3s are so prized and rarely fail, so your not going to find some one who will part with just a DMX card.

As for the galvo, find a person skilled with soldering and let them touch up the joints or replace the connector. Dont use it till its fixed, galvos are critically damped systems and tend to fail by oscillating if the feedback loop opens.

Since you have not stated your location its hard for a PL member to help you.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

UK Based

Thanks for the reply, i will speak to pangolin.

I will also resolder the Galvo connection, although ive been eyeing up Stanwax's 30kpps Galvos!

Im pretty sure that the Cypher lite DAC can run the DMX so i will try that eventually!

I can help you with a new DMX daughterboard for the FB3, no problem.
    Probably you also want to get a differential output board for your FB3.
    Price would be the same as the Pangolin office in USA but shipping will be cheaper
    If you want send me an email to: contact (a.t) collimated (d.o.t.) com
    and I will get you some more information

Official Pangolin European Service & Repair Centre
    Authorised Distributor KVANT
    Please visit my webshop --> www.laserwebshop.com