Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Showtime guru's

Default Calling all Showtime guru's

Hi,

Some time ago I made a cue for LivePro using Showtime. Since then (due to Windows failing as usual ) I managed to loose the original file and only have the cue in my LivePro workspace. So now I have forgotten how I made the cue and have no way of reverse engineering it...

It is a simple bunch of beams continuously scrolling left to right. I have tried several different ways to achieve the effect again and am having no luck, which is annoying, as it originally took minutes to create in the first place... Can anyone help to clear my brain block and tell me how this is done?

Excuse the crappy video, but at least you get the idea of what I am trying to achieve...

effect.avi

Thanks in advance
    Mark

Question

What are you trying to do? Get the "que" back into Showtime as a frame? If yes, open LivePro and get the que into the QM memory and then open Showtime; go to that frame and save it... I hope.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Might you also be able to use LivePro's "record" function?

Thanks guys,

Both of your solutions will export to Showtime, but only as a bunch of consecutive frames... What I need to do, is create the actual effect that I can then apply to a frame, so that I can layer it with some other stuff I have in mind...

Rob (Stanwax) sent me the exact effect I am looking for as an ild file created in Mamba, but I really want to be able to create this myself... Unfortunately the Mamba method didn't work with ST or LP (I still have an old version of LP with the animation editor built in)...

I got close by creating a rotation on the X Axis, but for some reason, when exporting as an ILDA file, ST created a 42MB file!!!

Like I say, I did this before some time ago and it was really simple, but my cloudy old head has completely forgotton how the hell I did it...

Cheers
    Mark

Smile

You can do this with a single frame and one effect.

Create the static frame (a bunch of beams in a line) and then apply a move left (pan) effect to have it shift over just the width between two beams. Then loop it in LivePro and it should run continuously. You may need to tweak the distance of the pan effect so that it doesn't stutter when it loops, but otherwise it should work perfectly.

Adam

Hey Adam,

Thanks for the reply, but that didn't seem to work in LivePro, not tried Showtime yet... I'm not sure why, but every time I create a simple animation in ST and save it as ILDA to import to LP, I end up with an obscenely huge file... No idea why something so simple has eluded me for so long...

Rupert Morse is giving me a call sometime soon to try and sus it out... I will post the answer here when I get it...

By the way, I have attached the un-animated frame so you can see what I am up against...

Mark
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't know about the cue, but your workspace looks very cool..!

@Phredy its either custom or Derek's New Workspace yet to be released.

Looks like quite an advanced build of QS as well.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    @Phredy its either custom or Derek's New Workspace yet to be released.

Looks like quite an advanced build of QS as well.
    Have a closer look... It's a very advanced version of QS called LivePro

The workspace was built by me using the best cues from other workspaces I have downloaded with my own cues and effects added...

@ Phredy, cheers for the kudos...

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    Have a closer look... It's a very advanced version of QS called LivePro
    Doh. Bitch slaps self and goes to wash car!