Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hazer advice

Default Hazer advice

I'm looking at getting a Martin 2500 HZ hazer or a LeMaitre Neutron XS. Anyone used both and can give me a comparison of getting one over the other? If I go used, is there any way to tell if I'm getting full output?

Thanks!

I have a Martin 2500Hz, i find it absolutely drinks fluid almost 1 litre an hour which can be very expensive to run. it is well built and has been reliable, but still makes lots of noise like a standard fog machine. I find the hang time of the haze is average.

A friend of mine has a Antari HZ-350 i wish i had bought that instead as it does 20 hours a litre is very quiet and the haze hangs for hours plus it has DMX and wireless control as standard. The only downside is its compressor and oil based and can leave a residue if you heavily use it,

As for the le Maitre the specs look good on paper but i have never seen one in action, it should be cheap to run compared to the Martin 2500HZ as long as the fluid does not cost an arm and a leg.

If you want a good all round Hazer that just sips fluid might I recommend a look Solutions Unique 2?

This hazer runs for what seems like forever on a litre of fluid, it can haze large venues with very little effort and is DMX controllable. Hang time is great for a water based hazer.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    If you want a good all round Hazer that just sips fluid might I recommend a look Solutions Unique 2?

This hazer runs for what seems like forever on a litre of fluid, it can haze large venues with very little effort and is DMX controllable. Hang time is great for a water based hazer.

Cheers

Jem
    Well forever...the le maitre mvs and many other hazers can do ~50 hours of hazing on full output. The unique 2.1 can also get 50 hours, on lowest output.... The le maitre mvs has a 2.5l can of fluid and the unique has a 2l.

But i have seen the unique 2 in action and its great. Also on lower output levels its makes as good as no noise.
    I will probaly have that hazer in about 2 weeks.
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

Thanks for the advice. I really want to stay with water based, otherwise I would have gone with the Antari. The Look Solutions is a great machine, but a little bit out of my budget atm. Hmmm. Might just keep using the fogger till I can get a bit more cash for a good hazer it seems.

In some countries the le maitre mvs is cheaper then the unique 2. If it had desame price and service here, i would definatly buy the le maitre mvs. But here the unique 2 is 350 euro cheaper so thats a easy choice for me.

the mvs creates more transparant haze, is like 100 times more effecient with fluid, is smaller, is also silent. Its more transparant because it uses glycerol instead of glycol.
    Both are water based.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by LEDpaint View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I really want to stay with water based, otherwise I would have gone with the Antari. The Look Solutions is a great machine, but a little bit out of my budget atm. Hmmm. Might just keep using the fogger till I can get a bit more cash for a good hazer it seems.
    There's a good price here: http://www.smokemachines.net/buy-loo...e2-hazer.shtml

$160 P&P to US approx.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    There's a good price here: http://www.smokemachines.net/buy-loo...e2-hazer.shtml

$160 P&P to US approx.
    do notice the £644.00 on that page is not including 20% VAT.

I just purchased a Jungle Haze Machine for $157.00 here in the US. I will be receiving it tomorrow and will post my findings here for anyone who is interested. Certainly the lowest priced machine I can find with good specifications including DMX and wireless remote control.

http://www.cheaplights.com/cart/page...FQwr7AodAwNbzA

Quote Originally Posted by cybertoyz View Post
    I just purchased a Jungle Haze Machine for $157.00 here in the US. I will be receiving it tomorrow and will post my findings here for anyone who is interested. Certainly the lowest priced machine I can find with good specifications including DMX and wireless remote control.

http://www.cheaplights.com/cart/page...FQwr7AodAwNbzA
    Nice machine.... but i think its a FAZER... not a "real" oil based HAZER.