Thread: What a weekend...

Default What a weekend...

Saturday night I did a show for Plump DJ's, had a bit of fun with mirrors... The lasers were restricted to a very small area within a balcony, but it still turned out ok...

Apologies for the sound, but I think its the light we are interested in anyway

Then 2 days at PLASA where I met with Justin and Francesco from Pangolin and had a nice demo of BEYOND...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PLASA.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	27311

All in all, a good few days...

Mark

Very nice. The hot beams with bounce mirrors looks fantastic, especially at slower step rates!

I never realised how good this would look with multiple projectors! I need to cases to house my sats, I now have 2 sets of galvos and lasers, just need cases! You have inspired me to forge on!
    This space for rent.

Mirror shows take a little while to set up, especially with multiple projectors, but they are worth it... One of the oldest and still most impressive effects...

Things I've learned:

1: Only install mirrors on very stable trussing, most disappointing when a truss moves a bit and the mirror show no longer works
    2: Found it easier and safer to adjust mirrors from above
    3: Always mount your mirrors so they can only move laterally, they must never be able to tilt up or down into the crowd

I reckon a mirror show really completes a laser show, all that power flying around, phwoooaarrrr

Really nice Mark! These beams showed serious punch!!

You should add one thing to the things to learn, though :
    4. Ensure yourself the mirrors will be the LAST THING to be installed on the stage

Last time I spent lot of times to align several multireflection mirrors and diff gratings, on the stage floor (in a secured inaccessible place)... Well done, effect was very nice When I came back the day after at the already running party, and started my chase effects, I saw only the effects from the lasers themselves, not a single reflection effect, and said WTF Later I realized some stupid guys installed a big flame/pyro box right in front of EVERY first impact mirror!! In the exact path of the laser beam of course. Well, a lot of time for nothing Hopefully the rest of the show was successful...

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post

You should add one thing to the things to learn, though :
    4. Ensure yourself the mirrors will be the LAST THING to be installed on the stage
    Totally agree, I had a situation where I set a mirror show up and then they moved all the trussing around, so a role load of work for nothing...

Mark