Thread: New old Show Laser

Question New old Show Laser

Hi Guys, I got an older non working RGB Laser Show Projector Box C-300 in and hope to get it working but?. Power comes up but no output, No Galvo output but ready and energized. Supplys look good but suspect ILDA DMX board bad.
    Question is on the Lab Lasers, MBL 30 BLUE, MRL 300 Red, PGL-FS Green, 3 ea in this one, do they need a voltage to triger them? The red and green led's are "ON" on the laser driver boards.
    Simple TTL driven set's need no voltage on triger TTL input set to fire them. This unit is about 2 years old, Just quit on previous owner. I am not acquainted with lab lasers. I need Help to see this through if you can? Can you explain it to me, any Ideas, Thanks Guys. John H

Question is on the Lab Lasers, MBL 30 BLUE, MRL 300 Red, PGL-FS Green, 3 ea in this one, do they need a voltage to triger them?
    Yes. Are these lasers still inside of the projector? or are they outside and you just trying to run them independently? either way, you should have to apply a voltage to the lasers modulation input for them to lase. if they are ttl, than a ~5V dc input should get them crack-a-lackin!

if they are inside of the projector still, you are going to need apply an input signal to the ILDA DB25 input. (software signal obvioulsy would be best).

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Talking

Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Wink Projector

Hi, I know better but it was late and could not take pictures till today when I get home from work PICTURES to follow. Thanks John H.

Unhappy Older Projector

Here is the pictures of the RGB Projector, I think it is the control board because when I hook up my MAMBA to the laser and nothing from the Galvos, But my question still is to get lasers to fire, does there have to be a voltage input on laser control board to fire off?
    I do want to upgrade this unit with modern mounts if the lasers still work, he said about 500 mw total output. Zero output now. Ha Ha `
    I did find the exact control board at the chinese department store for 76.99 delivered.
    Thanks Guys. JH

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN43550001.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	18816

Name:	DSCN43560001.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	18813Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN43630001.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	18812

Name:	DSCN43570001.JPG 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	18815Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN43600001.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	18814

Talking New now

Quote Originally Posted by santanas View Post
    Here is the pictures of the RGB Projector, I think it is the control board because when I hook up my MAMBA to the laser and nothing from the Galvos, But my question still is to get lasers to fire, does there have to be a voltage input on laser control board to fire off?
    I do want to upgrade this unit with modern mounts if the lasers still work, he said about 500 mw total output. Zero output now. Ha Ha `
    I did find the exact control board at the chinese department store for 76.99 delivered.
    Thanks Guys. JH

Name:	DSCN43550001.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	18816

Name:	DSCN43560001.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	18813Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN43630001.JPG 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	18812

Name:	DSCN43570001.JPG 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	18815Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN43600001.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	18814
    It's "A L I V E" Thanks to some of you guys it is working and I understand. Replay. (understand) Power on signal input to fire lasers and a new LM7805 chip ($5.00) on mother board fixed the Projector. Bought it on EBAY in Travel Case for a song of $275.00 AS IS not working. It works good at 500mw for small club use. Have a great day. Sail on Drlaser. JH