Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diodesockets

Default Diodesockets

Hey guys

I,m looking for some diode sockets like the ones from roitner or lasersurplusparts

http://www.lasersurplusparts.com/sho...er-diodes.html

If anyone could help me out that would be awesome!!

Thanks Norty

I was hoping someone had one or two spare. Shipment is very expencive with those guys. But thanks anyway for the effort

Adam (300Evil) may have some spares from his "laserbug" build. Just a thought.

great i will send him a pm. Thanks synce!!

We're only talking a few quid difference on shipping between someone posting you some and Thorlabs sending them - by the time you've found someone with some spare, and had them shipped you could've had them in your hand.

I've never understood quibbling over a few quid when time is more important on projects (in my world anyway - I want everything YESTERDAY!)

By the way, I have 2 spares here because I ordered some extras, but I expect it'll cost about the same by the time I've got them to you and had time to get to the post office.

If you just post them in a envelop that would be great. The companies use freightners so thats the difference i think. Are you willing to help me out Norty? I can send something to you for free like a dichromount to thank you if you like that will even out the shipment costs
    Last edited by edison; 08-18-2010 at 10:46.

Sorry if I gave you the impression I was willing to part with them. When I used the word 'spare' I meant that I ordered some extras to go with the extra spare diodes I bought when Dan was doing the GB.

If I was to send you those I'd only need to replace them at cost, so I'd be looking for about the same as what it would cost you to buy them direct... which was the point I was trying to make in the first place.

Now it might be that I get a different shipping cost to you because we're in different countries, but it would cost me under £11 to buy 2 including shipping direct. Given that it would cost me around £8 to ship 2 to you, its hardly worth the hassle is it?

I suppose I find it ironic that we spend huuuge amounts on our laser projectors, and then quibble over the odd £ or 2 for things like this.

Hi
    I got some spare , pm your address and how mnay your looking for

paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

hi paul this is what i,m looking for:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sockets-laser-diodes.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	18822