Thread: Lot of 30 XJ-A130 projectors, no lasers

Default Lot of 30 XJ-A130 projectors, no lasers

This post has been removed by the author. It remains only in the memories of those who already read it...
    Last edited by mpoulton; 10-28-2010 at 17:42.

May be a stupidity....

Do you think it's possible to remove the red led and put a white led inside to have something acceptable ?

If yes...do You accept to sell me one piece ?

Quote Originally Posted by kl79 View Post
    May be a stupidity....

Do you think it's possible to remove the red led and put a white led inside to have something acceptable ?

its a lot of 30, so i highly doubt, in fact i guarantee he will not sell you one.

and your statement....... is quite borderline to the asinine.

ok, no problem if you know him better than me...

But I have already seen guys tunning their projectors with some 50W white led...but if you say it's unusable, may be you are right

It is possible to run them with a white LED, but you will at the very least need a new filter wheel with dichroic filters instead of the phosphor. However if you go this route you will be throwing away most of your power, just like you do with a HID bulb based projector. It is much better to do it using RGB LED's, however the optics modifications become more complex. I am currently working on reverse engineering the projector (a first step to any of these modifications), and the information I have is available at http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...Missing-Diodes

Well, if it doesn't go too well on Ebay, I'd take one w/ the case and remote and all for $50 shipped in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by kl79 View Post
    May be a stupidity....

if a black and white projector is acceptable, then yes, easy!

if you want color, well, see krazers response

this is a simple fix...find some one who has 24 445 diodes and install them in the projector and bingo...running projector

plus what krazer said x10 - now you have to find a color wheel, re write the software (then encode the hardware) to synchronize the mirror flip with the new color wheel...and only about 2000 other things you would have to get perfect to make it work.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

sorry for being so vague guys, i just dont always see the point in breaking down why sh!ts dumb.

the red leds make an excellent murder-strobe (lol) i also have one built into a focusing flashlight.

this is not a bad deal, at all, but the shipping and (30 projectors) would be too much. i know i would sadly be able to sell them quicker than this goes, but its too much to put up front

You are in Phoenix correct? Would you be willing to do pick-up? I doubt I will do it.. but it's damn tempting.
    - instinct