Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hairspray Aftershow Party

Default Hairspray Aftershow Party

Last night (18th Aug) Kev and I provided lasers for the aftershow party for the Liverpool Empires production of the musical Hairspray. The party was sponsored by the Flamboyant and legendry Liverpool hairdresser Herbert. The breif was pink laser beams, which we provided courtesy of Kevs 3W RGB. The celing of the room is quite low so we were limited to a narrow zone but the biggest impact came from projecting text of 'Hairspray' onto the nozzle of a giant hairdryer that provided the centrepiece for the party.
    It was a great success and Herbert, who is a really nice bloke and quite down to earth was very pleased. He is also quite switched on as the first thing he asked me was 'is that a water cooled laser?' And then went on to discuss with me the advances in laser technology in recent years! What a dood!
    Herbert is known for throwing extravagant parties - as this clearly shows - and we hoep to get some more work from him in the future.
    Anyway on with the show
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hairsprayparty_05.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	18825Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hairsprayparty_02.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	18827Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hairsprayparty_03.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	18828Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hairsprayparty_09.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	18829Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hairsprayparty_07.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	18830Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hairsprayparty_04.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	18831

Name:	hairsprayparty_06.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	18832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hairsprayparty_01.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	18833

Name:	hairsprayparty_08.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	18834

Rob

PS - just had an email from the events manager at the hotel - 'Just wanted to say thank you for your excellent work at The Liner last
    night, you brought the Britannic Suite to life with the laser display!'
    Last edited by stanwax; 08-19-2010 at 02:26.
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Yes thats one of the things i LOVE about lasers , they really bring the party OUT to the audiance , looks like you two did an awesome job .... wht a team !

paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Looking fantastic. Herbert looks very camp but it's good to hear the guy is down to earth and quite genned up on lasers. Was he impressed to see how compact Kev's Little Stan is?

Nice Job.

Carl

Ps. I thought they only wanted pink laser beams?
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

somethin tells me that I would not be able to pull off that suit he is wearing nice display blokes
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Thumbs up

Great looking scene! Nice bit of networking too- I bet when the clients are really cool, it brings out the best in you and drives you to create something extra dazzling for them.
    I bet you'll have some fun gigs down the road with those guys!
    -Mike

Very nice Rob. Some of the room looks quite lightly hazed though, were they strict about the level of hazing?

@carl - Yes pink beams and projections at the start but colour as the night wore on though, we did keep the pink theme running throughout. The text projections used a similar effect to the gold effect in quick text using pink core colour with tiny white flecks running round at a fair speed to simulate a sparkling effect - looked mega!

@laserman532 - no one but Herbert could make that suit look good!

@Mikkojay - Yes its true they are fun people to work with and i do hope the party does not end here

@whitelight - we did not have control of the haze which was running at a fair lick but was being sucked right out of the room by the air con we had a constant battle and the far end of the room was practically haze free all night

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    @carl - The text projections used a similar effect to the gold effect in quick text using pink core colour with tiny white flecks running round at a fair speed to simulate a sparkling effect - looked mega!
    I hope you've saved that colour cue for me to see in action. Got any video?

Carl
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

Very nice.

In other news Herbert was a proper Herbert when he knocked me off my motorbike about 20 years ago
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

In other news Herbert was a proper Herbert when he knocked me off my motorbike about 20 years ago
    Is that a euphemism?

Rob