Thread: Opinions on this 532nm unit?

Default Opinions on this 532nm unit?

I'm waiting to hear back about the availability of the Audiolase from 300Evil so I was looking for a decent green laser to use once all my parts start rolling in. Anyone have any thoughts about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/200mw-532nm-DPSS...efaultDomain_0

My intention is to start with just the green and eventually go to RGB once I have some idea what it is I'm doing.

I have two 445nm diodes that are going around now, I know I ordered a LPC-815 sled, another LPC-815 in an Aixiz module, two PHR803T sleds, a handful of Aixiz modules and to be honest, I can't recall what else I've ordered recently. I also have a RPL-260 that isn't going to help with the scanner but I like it.

Once I do get around to moving from just green to RGB, I was thinking I could combine the two 650nm diodes with a PBS. Is this reasonable or am I way off base?

One last thing, for now... The TEC thing is bothering me. Are the TECs ran primarily on the higher powered units or no. Basically, am I going to be able to run these diodes in the Aixiz modules with a heat sink and no TEC or is that asking for problems?

Howie

Lightbulb

After all the crap I have bought off eBay... I would talk to Gottaluvlasers (CTLasers) or dave (Lasershowparts.com) and see what kind of deal they can give you before I would buy another laser off eBay; unless you see an auction for a used laser from a respectable laserist.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Indeed, we are nice people

Out of all seriousness, that laser, a Lion is pretty low in the picking order - we once sold a few of them, and the number of lasers we tested and subsequently returned for replacement was to be seen to be believed!. Something like the lasers Marc or ourselves sell would be a much better choice

It pays to spend a little extra dosh, and get something that is analogue, and will go the distance.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Try www.ultralasers.com I bought three from him and they are fantastic. PS: I had that exact same laser and it was trash. Scanned dashes. Works fine ttl thou.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that ebay module looks much like Lion Laser. Which is a unholy abomination and sacrilege of laser kind.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!