Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Quickshow 2.0 BETA now available!

Hehe. If the worst thing I've ever done is mix up terminology -- according to Wikipedia, I guess I am not doing too badly!

@Stuka: I agree. Lets see if this guy mixes up any terminology by his hundreth, or thousandth post...

@Everyone: Just let me know if you find any problems and we'll get them solved.

Is an additional language a "feature"? If so, then Dutch will be added to the official release, and is not in the one pointed to above...

Bill

"Otherwise, you might come across as little more than "trolling"..."

Bah , likely one of pangolins well known detractors hiding under a new username ..the janny should "OUT" the idiot by looking at IPs !

Bill thanks for hanging about here , putting up with the nonsense from some of your stalkers , im surprised a few times you havent just walked away im sure you dont need the hassle !

BTW - UK is holding a 3 day LEM in April 1,2,3 2011 if you fancy geeking out ( and tuning galvos LOL ) with some UK dudes ...its terrific Francesco makes it occasionally but would be great to have a visit from the "BIG CHEESE"
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-of-April-2011

paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Hehe. If the worst thing I've ever done is mix up terminology -- according to Wikipedia, I guess I am not doing too badly!

@Stuka: I agree. Lets see if this guy mixes up any terminology by his hundreth, or thousandth post...

@Everyone: Just let me know if you find any problems and we'll get them solved.

Is an additional language a "feature"? If so, then Dutch will be added to the official release, and is not in the one pointed to above...

Bill
    A Dutch version????? WOW....u guys at Pangolin Rock!

I like the latest version....no more errors for me.

P.s. is there an "UNDO" function if working with the timeline?? i cant find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassie View Post
    P.s. is there an "UNDO" function if working with the timeline?? i cant find it.
    I'm pretty sure this is a question I posed to Bill a while back and the answer was no. Their aim was to keep it very simple.

They've deliberately kept some features back to ensure that there's some reason to buy Beyond. Of course it goes far beyond delete but what little I do know can't be said and even then it is very little.

Default Hello

I'm new to the forum and just got my FB3/QS2 setup. I am a fan of Pangolin software and it's been great to use. I was running build 238 and this release seems much tighter and my laser seems to work even better.

A quick question for anyone out there, I have a Livid Instruments Ohm64 midi controller hooked up, is there a way to assign frame cue's to certain midi notes. (kinda like the learn feature in live midi control under midi settings).. I have my controller mapped out but the cues don't make any sense how they are assigned and it would be great if I was able to choose a cue and right-click and select midi learn or something. The documentation hints at this but I can't find it. Is this possible? I also have my workspace in advanced mode. Any ideas? Thanks

Edit: Additionally, anyone know if it's possible to get midi output or feedback to a controller? IE, if a frame/cue is ready, a corresponding light on the midi controller should light solid to indicate a frame is loaded. If that frame/cue is being played, the corresponding light should be flashing.. ???
    Last edited by weknowsnow; 10-11-2010 at 10:41.

Quote Originally Posted by weknowsnow View Post
    I'm new to the forum and just got my FB3/QS2 setup. I am a fan of Pangolin software and it's been great to use. I was running build 238 and this release seems much tighter and my laser seems to work even better.

A quick question for anyone out there, I have a Livid Instruments Ohm64 midi controller hooked up, is there a way to assign frame cue's to certain midi notes. (kinda like the learn feature in live midi control under midi settings).. I have my controller mapped out but the cues don't make any sense how they are assigned and it would be great if I was able to choose a cue and right-click and select midi learn or something. The documentation hints at this but I can't find it. Is this possible? I also have my workspace in advanced mode. Any ideas? Thanks

Edit: Additionally, anyone know if it's possible to get midi output or feedback to a controller? IE, if a frame/cue is ready, a corresponding light on the midi controller should light solid to indicate a frame is loaded. If that frame/cue is being played, the corresponding light should be flashing.. ???
    Initial MIDI setup for QuickShow:

(BTW - another update is coming soon to address some MIDI page select issues)

Settings: MIDI Settings:

MIDI Devices - make sure your controller shows up under MIDI In # 1

Input Options -
    • Leave "Channel" and "Page" at defaults for now; Channel & Page select will be enhanced in future updates.
    • "First Key" - which can be learned - sets the start note for selecting the cues.
    • 60 Cues can be selected per page, with Cue # 1, the upper left cue, corresponding to the "First Key" note selected.
    • Remaining cues are selected in sequence, left to right, top to bottom.
    • Cue # 60, lower right cue, is selected using the 60th note / key in that sequence.
    The controller feedback based on a cue status is a cool idea, but I don't think that is supported by MIDI right now.
    I've heard of that with some DMX devices and interfaces, but not MIDI.
    Last edited by Stuka; 10-14-2010 at 16:34.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Thanks.. I already have all that working. I am talking about being able to assign midi notes to cues/frames in the workspace and also midi output feedback.. (lighting up LED for frame/cue status.. etc)

See my reply above concerning feedback from the controller.

Right now, I don't think you can assign individual notes-to-cues on the fly, but you can enable the virtual MIDI keyboard to help visualize which controller note is mapping to which cue.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    See my reply above concerning feedback from the controller.

Right now, I don't think you can assign individual notes-to-cues on the fly.
    Thanks.. but MIDI supports feedback all day long. I can use the same controller with Traktor from Native Instruments and customize anything, including having the LEDS under the buttons light up for certain MIDI events. FYI

Sounds like your controller will respond to control messages generated by the controller itself, or by controller messages from the software. Cool!

The DMX implementation I referred to is an actual separate device status channel that is being supported by some newer DMX fixtures and interfaces.

QuickShow cues are input (and Echo) only -
    But any selected cues are "boxed" in the cue grid, even if they're not playing, so it should be fairly easy to see at a glance which cues are active.
    RR

Sweet.....