Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Quickshow 2.0 BETA now available!

Hive Laser had a different problem. I won't comment on it here because I don't want to cause embarrassment...

I just want to let everyone know that there was no technical problem and no problem for which a license file would have been necessary.

License files are only used with QuickShow for demo versions and not for real customers. Once QuickShow has seen a FB3 at least once, it will work from that point forward.

We plan on the official 2.0 release later this week. For the past week I've been doing video tutorials. The job was much bigger than I thought, and the result is more than three hours of video tutorials which will be a built-in part of the software. Unfortunately, I doubt we can really put this on the web, since it's more than 1GB just for the videos alone!

Best regards,

William Benner

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    We plan on the official 2.0 release later this week. For the past week I've been doing video tutorials. The job was much bigger than I thought, and the result is more than three hours of video tutorials which will be a built-in part of the software. Unfortunately, I doubt we can really put this on the web, since it's more than 1GB just for the videos alone!
    Thanks Bill, that's great. I'm sure the videos will be very helpful to (especially new) users. If they are too large for download, how will we get them?

Well, you'll have two choices.

1) Purchase a new install DVD (no longer a CD since it can't hold everything) for $75 plus shipping; or 2) watch the videos on YouTube. However, YouTube has a 15 minute limit on videos and some of these are 1 hour! Even the "what's new for 2.0" video is 28 minutes, and I don't get into the Virtual Laser Jockey until just after 15 minutes...

Bill

What Bill said on the comment it was something i did.

Hi Bill did you try http://vimeo.com/ they don't impose a upload time limit only in file size which can be increased with a plus account.

$75 is quite a lot for a upgrade that is "always free"

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Well, you'll have two choices.

1) Purchase a new install DVD (no longer a CD since it can't hold everything) for $75 plus shipping; or 2) watch the videos on YouTube. However, YouTube has a 15 minute limit on videos and some of these are 1 hour! Even the "what's new for 2.0" video is 28 minutes, and I don't get into the Virtual Laser Jockey until just after 15 minutes...

Bill

I donīt know if it still possible but apply for a director account at Youtube.com
    I have one and I can upload videos up to 2 hours lenght.

Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by smokeAndMirrors View Post
    $75 is quite a lot for a upgrade that is "always free"
    The upgrade IS free -

There is absolutely NO cost to download upgraded versions of the software for the FB3 or QM2000.

$75 is the cost for a new disk set, if you determine you need to go that route.
    Same deal that applies to the LD2000 packages for the QM2000 board.

I think most Pangolin users would agree they are more than generous with the software upgrades they offer for free...

RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    $75 is the cost for a new disk set, if you determine you need to go that route.
    while agree their upgrade policies are very generous I never understood why 4 DVD's cost $75

but I still have my originals so I just make sure to keep track of them

I think the $75 is just for the video tutorials, as well as the software on disks. I believe Pangolin will offer QuickShow on their site without the tutorials, but for people that want to learn, an added feature buying the DVD's. 4 hours of video would have taken at least a solid day of recording, if not more.