Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Quickshow 2.0 BETA now available!

does this version support the QM2000 card?
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    does this version support the QM2000 card?
    No, this is the latest pre-release of v2.0 for the FB3.

I'm guessing everything that releases in v2.0 - and then some - will wind up in the release that comes out for QuickShow for the QM2000.

Maybe it will have a slightly different name, like QuickShow 2000...
    Last edited by Stuka; 10-14-2010 at 18:05.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is a question I posed to Bill a while back and the answer was no. Their aim was to keep it very simple.

They've deliberately kept some features back to ensure that there's some reason to buy Beyond. Of course it goes far beyond delete but what little I do know can't be said and even then it is very little.
    From what I have seen there is no "Pangolin Package" called Beyond. Beyond is the name that they (Pangolin) have given to their calculation engine and is used in Quickshow.

AndyH

Quote Originally Posted by andyh View Post
    From what I have seen there is no "Pangolin Package" called Beyond. Beyond is the name that they (Pangolin) have given to their calculation engine and is used in Quickshow.

AndyH
    Actually, portions of "Beyond" that aren't even related to QuickShow have been demonstrated in person by Bill Benner at a couple of SELEM's.
    QuickShow may use the graphics engine, but there's going to be a LOT more to "Beyond" when the full package is released.
    Last edited by Stuka; 10-11-2010 at 15:15.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Actually, portions of "Beyond" that aren't even related to QuickShow have been demonstrated in person by Bill Benner at a couple of SELEM's.
    QuickShow may use the graphics engine, but there's going to be a LOT more to "Beyond" when the full package is released.
    OK - Cool. Thanks for that info. Obviously I missunderstood what I read. Is there any further info available on this product? Will it run on the FB3?

AndyH

I would be very surprised if it didn't as Bill often uses FB3's to demo Pangolin Software when on his travels. Whether or not it will specifically need the FB3-QS or just the regular FB3, assuming it does run on it, I wouldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I would be very surprised if it didn't as Bill often uses FB3's to demo Pangolin Software when on his travels. Whether or not it will specifically need the FB3-QS or just the regular FB3, assuming it does run on it, I wouldn't know.
    As Bill explained in some previous post. He can run software without an controller.
    Last edited by cyberb0b; 10-12-2010 at 01:01. Reason: typo

Well, thanks for the input re: MIDI.. my only complaint about QS is the half implemented midi control system. Adding a function to allow the user to assign midi notes to cues/frames in the workspace would be amazingly useful, along with LED feedback to the midi controller. Seems like this functionality is already there with the learn button for live midi controls. (minus LED feedback)

QS2 is great, I've had many hours with no issues! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyberb0b View Post
    As Bill explained in some previous post. He can run software without an controller.
    Yes I know but often at Trade Shows he runs lasers as well which obviously then needs a DAC. I believe he said on here previously that he favours the FB3 for tradeshows presumably because of its size.

Quote Originally Posted by weknowsnow View Post
    Well, thanks for the input re: MIDI.. my only complaint about QS is the half implemented midi control system. Adding a function to allow the user to assign midi notes to cues/frames in the workspace would be amazingly useful, along with LED feedback to the midi controller. Seems like this functionality is already there with the learn button for live midi controls. (minus LED feedback)

I can't really comment on this to any extent as I have no knowledge of MIDI. What I do know though is that a lot of advanced features have been held back from QS in favour of Beyond. After all if QS became too powerful no-one would want to buy Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by weknowsnow View Post

Yes indeed, QS2 is a great package and the only thing "wrong" with it is the fact that i cant make full use of my APC40 with it. It's not a reason for me to go Beyond QS2, but maybe a reason in the future to look for another package from another manufacturer and i don't want that, i love Pangolin as a company and the products they make. So i hope they will put this feature in. I'm even willing to pay for it, so maybe as an add-on or something.
    Last edited by Lassie; 10-13-2010 at 08:58. Reason: spelling error