Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Quickshow 2.0 BETA now available!

Default Quickshow 2.0 BETA now available!

Hi all,

Someone wrote to me and asked about the 2.0 BETA. I had actually already sent it out to a number of people by direct email, but perhaps the email got stuck in the spam filter of some, so here is the (140MB) download:
    http://www.pangolin.com/_Files/QS_BETA_200.exe

By default, this will REALLY want to install in a C:\QS2 folder, thereby avoiding over-writing anything in your normal QS folder. That way, any workspaces or anything else you created will remain undisturbed (not that they would be disturbed anyway, but just incase...). However, note that once you've run this version of QuickShow, you will no longer be able to run build 128 ever again. All of your files can be used with the new version, but the older QS.EXE will no longer work.

This is a pretty good build, but there are a few known bugs. One of them has to do with the TTL mode. This is new. Just don't tell it that you have a TTL laser and everything will be fine. (If you tell it you have a TTL laser, everything will project in white...)

We have set the beam zone to 30 (instead of 7) and we are now wanting people to use zone 7 for beams that may project into an audience area, or over the heads.

When you load QS, you can go to the FILE menu and look at "Workspace description" which will tell you how to setup the zones.

Let me know via direct email if you experience any problems. But in any event, this should really be a strong build with brand new features and the latest workspace.

Best regards,

William Benner

Just waiting on BEEP BEEP , file downloaded , looking forward to playing
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Will QS 2.0 run without an FB3 attached?

I have a QM2000.Net, but would like to try out quickshow on my PC just to see what i'm missing

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Downloaded - thanks for posting this, Bill!

Looking forward to the demo at SELEM!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Will QS 2.0 run without an FB3 attached?
    QuickShow will always run without a FB3 attached -- once you have had an FB3 connected to your computer at least once.

Alternatively, if you already had a demo-version of an earlier build, simply install QS BETA into the same folder and it will run.

And lastly, if you've never had it and want to see it, just contact me and I will send you a special license code that will allow it to run even though you've never had an FB3 connected to your PC.

Bill

a) bill and pangolin never cease to surprise me. thanks for this bill.

b) downloaded!

Questions: if I install the new version, will LiveQuick no longer function? (or is there an updated version of LQ?)

Alternatively: is there support in QS2 for the SD card so that I no longer need to use LiveQuick?

Been having a play.

Love the expanded quick effects and the expanded selection of atmospherics. Far more suitable for nightclub use than previous versions which were great for shows but not so great for clubs. Many of the QuickFX also enable beams to be changed in ways that almost create new effects out of existing cues thereby effectively expanding the cue selection.

Thumbs up so far Bill.

If I had the equipment I could really upest some of the big clubs around here with this by trumping their effects! I foresee a clammer for Pangolin products.

Default Super!!!

Hi there at Pangolin.

I just installed the beta and i must say: What did you guys do?????
    lol my output is SO much better!, scanners are quiet and there are things in the
    animations i havent seen yet...lol.
    Congrats on this super Beta version...i can only dream of what the final version will be like!

Pangolin Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    QuickShow will always run without a FB3 attached -- once you have had an FB3 connected to your computer at least once.
    Huh?