Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Selem after effekts....

Default Selem after effekts....

I enjoyed this year much more than last meet....even though my projector was "on" a whole 15 minutes in the dining room. I enjoyed the time with Mixedgas and DrLava....and thanks to Spec for sharing some quality tear down time. 4 pieces of equipment almost down to the last fastener....in about 20 minutes. Thanks for the parts! Great food....Thanks to Mophead and crew ! A lot of new equipment to see in action as well.
    Last edited by MechEng3; 08-22-2010 at 17:56. Reason: Because I can
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

For the couple of hours I was able to make it in for it was really good to see some old faces but most notably new faces I had never met before. Most notably John (polishedball) and Marc (GLL). Both of you were a pleasure to meet. John I am absolutely sure you will get the laser dreams controller up and running in probably a matter of weeks. I will see if I can dig up a set of G124 galvos and amps for the nostalgia purpose of it, definitely need to put an AOM and a HENE on the head if you really want to make it look old.

Marc, I am sure you and I will see plenty more of each other in my upcoming visits to the north

Next year I expect to see more red

People were once again asking where to get the z-bolt heatsink that i favor with 445nm diodes, here is the link
    http://www.z-bolt.com/order/Product236

i recently did a gig with Craig charbonneau and showed him the pics of your controller and he had said if you need help getting running that he would

also if you need a set of 124's with 124 accelerator amps if you need

Since I was there all three days this year I got a chance to almost everyone and enjoyed talking to all of you. I am having after effects though, the white background on my computer screen is flashing colors! Probably from watching the insane beam shows with 13 or so projectors for an hour.

I just got home from SELEM an hour ago.
    I give it a solid 10.
    I am looking forward to next year.
    Lasers
    •405nm violet(blue-ray) laser-eBay I fixed it ya
    •473nm 10mW LSR473NL series blue laser module www.lasever.com review
    •488nm 5mW Novalux Protera DPSS Laboratory Unit
    •532nm 5mW green laser www.elitelasers.com
    •650nm 5mW red

I got home about an hour ago. I enjoyed every minute of this, especially the fact that most of it was tinkering around... I plan on getting that mobo table all turned around for next year, so i can join in the beam shows!

DJMatt, had a great time meeting you and tinkering! Actually, that goes for everyone.

Dreamlasers, there was something someone told me to talk to you about, but I can't remember what it is. I think it had something to do with the 445s.

300evil, Don't think I'll ever forget that car ride.

Gary, trying to figure out Spaghetti... should be fun.

In short, you all made me feel so welcome, on my first SELEM, and Chris and I both had a great time. I can hardly wait for next year! (and I'll remember to bring the switches too.)

-LULightTec (Newlin)

Default Thank you from Chester, Virginia!

Hello everyone who attended S.E.L.E.M. this weekend!

I wanted to extend a thanks to all of you for how my son Zack (laserman121) was received at SELEM Saturday & Sunday. Even though he was the youngest enthusiast there he was received as a peer and welcomed into the group and for that I thank you. I quickly realized everyone there were “good people” (as we say in the south). I never once worried about him. You shared your knowledge, answered all his questions (never ending questions) and coached him on safety. I think we can all agree he is now a permanent fixture at your future meets.

Thanks again,

Paul Collins (Zack’s Dad)

sounds like yall had fun! pity this was on the opposite side of the country. we need to scrape something together up here in the PNW.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    i recently did a gig with Craig charbonneau and showed him the pics of your controller and he had said if you need help getting running that he would

also if you need a set of 124's with 124 accelerator amps if you need
    Thanks for remembering it! I was able to correspond with him previous and Craig offered me assistance then, was just waiting to get the whole controller. He really seemed like a great guy willing to share info and help.

I picked up a set of (3) 124's at SELEM heck what wasn't there. Got some great new toys.

Thanks to everyone that welcomed me (it was my first SELEM), it was great to put faces to names, have some great laser talk and enjoy the wonderful laser shows.

Also thanks to Adam for putting on a great event, it was a very enjoyable experience.

John ~ polishedball
    leading in trailing technology

A big thanks for Adam for expending so much time and effort to organize this event. I had a great time meeting and chatting with everyone and being saturated with lasers. It was also great to meet our mysterious self-proclaimed Janitor, Spec, you're the man.

We got a treat from dsli-jon

Someone should post the list of 'awards', congrats Aaron!