Thread: Need parts

Default Need parts

Looking for parts needed for a 1 watt ,532nM unit. I have a friend that wants a stable, bright laser for experiments. I have agreed to help in the build process. Flea-bay is just too high for the parts offered. Richard would consider used crystals, but would like a new diode. We have a power supply and TEC units of all sizes. Just need the lenses , diode , and rocks. A "C" mount unit would be prefered. We have tried 1/2 watt, but insists on a higher power level. He is trying to set up a multi-beam alignment unit from one central laser output. Anything turns up will be of much help!
    Thanks and Merry Christmas
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I've got new, tested 4W 808nm laser diodes in C-mount package for $199. I also have a very limited number of 3W high brightness diodes for $279. These have a 200um stripe width versus 500um for the 4W diode so they're easier to focus into a small area of your vanadate / YAG. However, vor 1W of green, you're probbly looking for 8-10W of 808 which is pretty hard to find in a single emitter. I do have some new, sealed 20W 808nm diode bars which are perfect for side pumping a small rod like this

http://www.junktronix.com/gallery/halfnote

The fact is, you can get a Chinese 1W DPSS for $2500 or less these days and it's unlikely you could build something on your own for less than that.

Kevin

OK after seeing what he is trying to do, I provided a beam splitter and a couple of 1rst surface units. We employed a 50mW and he is thinking 100mw may get the job done. Any one got any used units lying about as I sold my 100 a couple of months ago. Trying to beat flea bay and aixiz $. Last resort is Extreme 80mW unit. Thanks for the diode source,Junktronix, as I have a couple of your 1.2 watters here. We have a simple TTL driver to control the output by remote. :idea:
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Ive got a head here but im going to need to know what he needs the beam to look like.

the one here has pretty high divergence (2.4mrad) with a source beam size of .5mm and doesnt have an IR filter.

Produces about 165mW of green and about as much IR.

PM me and let me know how much. I have a few power supply units that may drive it and I/R filters. I called Richard and said it may just fit the ticket for the job. You should have gotten a PM this morning.
    Thanks........Mech