Thread: New 445 projector!!!!!!!

San Diego California in the United States

Default New 445 projector!!!!!!!

I dont work for blacklasers.com or anything, but i recently emailed them asking if they had any plans on making a 445 projector soon, and they responded to me with this:

Yes sir, we have a 1.2w output @ 1.6 million colors, supports ILDA & DMX. The first one will be completed later this week and will be listed on the website once we have product photos & video.

Details:
    500mw 445nm Blue
    200mw 532nm Green
    500mw 650nm Red
    Analog modulation
    up to 60kpps ILDA scanner
    Carbon fiber case w/ custom logo embedding - Dimensions = 12 x 20 x 6
    Keylock & emergency stop button
    Replaceable fuses for protection against voltage spikes & lightning strike
    Adjustable front aperture cover for blocking beams from going below a certain angle & dust cover while in storage.

Price w/ USA shipping = $2,100
    We also carry ILDA controllers & portable ILDA players if needed.

This is an absolutely beautiful laser show system of top quality. Comes with 1-year warranty & spare scanner mirrors. These are handmade by us in the USA, delivery time = 3-weeks from payment. Each one is custom made per order.
    Sincerely,
    Jason @ BlackLasers

Im not planning on buying it as i dont have that kind of money. Just a heads up for you guys. For the cost it seems to be a quality projector. They are based in the USA so no customs fees here.

Not nearly enough green or red for 500mW of 445.
    I have 450mW of 532, 600mW of 445 and 400mW of 640 (about the same as my old 1 watt 650nm) and it's still slightly heavy on the blue.

I agree with Norty on the red issue.

I've yet to see a projector thats massively under blued - everyone used to get some great white balances when blue was expensive with only 200mw 473. However, I've seen many a projector without enough red.

I've been thinking about colour balance a lot recently and my aim if building a projector would be 500mw 445, 500mw 532, 900mw 640, total 1.8 watts. Blue is quite a powerful colour to add to a mix and red is very poorly visible to the eye hence the need for so much.

The projector they're marketing would probably balance a lot better with the blue turned down to around 200mw I think although even then with 650nm on red, you might be a little under powered on red.

Interesting find though. I wonder whose scanners they're using.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Interesting find though. I wonder whose scanners they're using.
    I know of only one company producing scanners that run anything close to 60Kpps, and if they use those then $2100 sounds like an absolute bargain

Adrian

Actually, the projector he is building is for me. I know the 445nm is probably going to be too powerful, but I am most likely going to lower it through my DAC. I'll post a review when I finally get it shipped.
    - instinct

Sounds good. I'd consider swapping the red for 640 though as there are significant gains to be made there ie luminosity 500mw 650 vs 640 = 38 vs 59. So 1.5x approx. Just depemds om how you like 640 as a colour I suppose.

60.00001Kpps and there smoke!

Quote Originally Posted by johnpoe12 View Post
    Replaceable fuses for protection against voltage spikes & lightning strike
    Since when have fuses been used for the 'protection against voltage spikes & lightning strike' ?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Their scanning system complete (scanners,spare dielectric scan mirrors, amps, cables and PSU) is $500 shipped inside USA

Cheers

Not the slow blow fuses though, you need the quick blows for good lightning protection
    </joke>

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Since when have fuses been used for the 'protection against voltage spikes & lightning strike' ?