Thread: SELEM Computer Virus??

Default SELEM Computer Virus??

To everyone that attended SELEM... at around 1:49pm today (Sunday), my laptop at SELEM somehow sent out email via by MSN messenger to everyone in my MSN messenger address book. The fake email said "hey, try this IQ quiz thing I saw on facebook, its actually really difficult.. i can't seem to score higher than like a 105... Facebook IQ Quiz".

Luckily, I hardly ever use that laptop so my address book was small and I found out about it before I connected it to my home network. So, no real harm was done other than the annoying email that was sent out.

Anyway, I am not sure how it happened but I would recommend that anyone who was connected to that network to check out your computer.
    Last edited by JohnYayas; 08-22-2010 at 16:02.

Hey Gary,
    I used to have a facebook account, and something similar happened to me (hence my lack of an FB account anymore). What I think happened in my case was that someone hacked my FB account/password. I would change your FB account password asap just to be on the safe side.
    -Mike

The most common cause of this is your account getting hacked by a spam bot. Try changing your password to a strong password.

Mike