Thread: Picture Next Button?

Default Picture Next Button?

Hi Spec,

What's happened to the next button when you pull a picture from a thread up?

Its driving me mad to have to go back to the main thread everytime and then reload the next picture by clicking on it manually again. No too bad once but really irritating when there are loads of pictures.

Next and previous were there, what's happened?

I wiped out the lightbox because it was causing issues with thread rendering, after I find the glitch and hit it with a brick I'll re-enable it.

Ok thanks admin.

Please use a big brick.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I wiped out the lightbox because it was causing issues with thread rendering, after I find the glitch and hit it with a brick I'll re-enable it.
    I only bumped this thread because I was tired of seeing masterpj's "LIKE Button" thread as the last activity for five months. But... just out of curiosity, where DO we stand on this?? I agree... pics would be so much nicer if you didn't have to close the window and go back to click on the next one.

AND... come to think of it... since it's a suggestion thread, a "draft" folder for PM's would be nice. Sometimes I'll start typing a message and I may want to go back and find a link or something to add to it and, once you click... it's gone. Or, I get interrupted. I've lost long sessions of typing by accidentally clicking somewhere else and forgetting I couldn't. I'm not a typist and can get wordy at times and, it really sucks to lose 25-30 minutes of composing thoughts because of an errant click.

Lightbulb

Heya Chief -

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    ..it really sucks to lose 25-30 minutes of composing thoughts because of an errant click.
    Afaik, as long as you have 'Javascript' turned-on in your browser, when you open a new 'dialog box' - whether to-post in a thread, and/or PM - every n-seconds, you'll see a little 'yellow box', pop-up in the lower-right corner, that says 'Auto-Saved' - which is just exactly what it does to whatever you just typed-in...

..then, if you nav-away from that page, and then, go-back (..not 'initiate' a new page / dialog-box, just 'go-back'..), you should-see, in the lower-left corner, a 'white-filled box', over the 'grey-dialog-box border' (..colors, subject to how you have your 'PL skin' color-prefs set..) and that lower-left box should-say 'Restore Auto-Saved Content', iirc, and - when ya click it - voila! - it 'populates' the dialog-box with all text you typed - at least to the 'point' of the last-actual 'save'...
    but, ie, If you type really, really fast, and then, nav-away, before the J-script can 'save' your typing, you may-not 'end-up with mucho...

Probably there are others, here, that can correct whatever 'wrong-ASCIItech' I've explained, from the conclusions I've drawn from experience with this little marvelous-feature.. but, all I gotta say is - it works (..at least, for me, on a Mac.. ..and it has 'saved' at *least* one keyboard / monitor from sudden-death, I am sure...

..but it doesn't seem to be of much help for over-punctuators...

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I only bumped this thread because I was tired of seeing masterpj's "LIKE Button" thread as the last activity for five months. But... just out of curiosity, where DO we stand on this?? I agree... pics would be so much nicer if you didn't have to close the window and go back to click on the next one.
    Had there been a like button I would have just pressed that on your post, but since theres not I must say I agree that I'm looking forward to seeing a "Next" button!
    LASERS!!

1x Homemade 500mW 405nm Projector
    1x Homemade 1.2W RGB Projector
    1x Lightspace Color Ray Series 6W RGB
    2x Lightspace Venus 2W RGB

ZPL Lighting www.zpllighting.com

iirc, using lightbox, my iphone wouldn't let me view the images correctly. So on that basis, I like the current way better (but I'll click the virtual 'like' button anyway, I like virtu-clicking stuff!)
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Going back and forth should be done in bed.
    Next Please