Thread: Dual Power Output module

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Question Dual Power Output module

Hello I have been searching for posts describing a hi/low switching for a module build. This way a module could be used at a lower power for RGB balance and hi power for single color projection. I have also heard you can Power Down a module by software so then this would not be needed. Please help me to understand this.-j
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by jooopy View Post
    Hello I have been searching for posts describing a hi/low switching for a module build. This way a module could be used at a lower power for RGB balance and hi power for single color projection. I have also heard you can Power Down a module by software so then this would not be needed. Please help me to understand this.-j
    Google "Potentiometer", it will solve the problem of reducing the color signal levels.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Google "Potentiometer", it will solve the problem of reducing the color signal levels.

Steve
    Thanks Steve and have used many "pots" for many different things. I'm a radio operator(ham I am). But I think I answered this myself with "FB3's color intensity adjustment controls" would do this by way of software right? So I could run my 445nM at 750mW alone or at 500mW when running it as an RBG projector to match 500mW green plus maybe a watt of red right?
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

Default Colour palettes

If you are using a pro level Pangolin product such as LD2000 or LivePro, you can fully tune the colour palette in software. When you configure and save the palette, Pangolin actually saves 3 palettes; Fully balanced, High saturation and High power.

Then in Livepro you can choose the palette each individual cue uses and in LD2000 you can choose which palette each individual frame uses.

At the moment the green in my RGB is overpowered compared to the rest of the modules. It runs at around 60% power when balanced. So any colour cues in my LivePro workspace are set to use the Fully balanced palette and any green only cues go to the High Power palette where the green will then run at full power...

Hope that helps

Mark

If you have Quickshow, you can tune the colours in the pallette settings and store those.

For further adjustment on the fly, you can then use Quick FX to Cool or Warm the colours on the fly.

There are also saturation controls in the form of light / dark / tint effects but obviously these affect overall colour strength rather than balance.

Its not as advanced as Live Pro in that you cannot (to my knowledge) save multiple colour profiles to choose from, but the QuickFx effects, do give some additonal in show control over overal colour temp.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by jooopy View Post
    Thanks Steve and have used many "pots" for many different things. I'm a radio operator(ham I am). But I think I answered this myself with "FB3's color intensity adjustment controls" would do this by way of software right? So I could run my 445nM at 750mW alone or at 500mW when running it as an RBG projector to match 500mW green plus maybe a watt of red right?
    The reason I go to the "Heresy" of suggesting pots is that every time you do something in software on the color channels, you loose resolution. Pangolin takes steps that you do not loose resolution on the XY channels, but in color, its a tossup.

Since pangolin supports DMX its easy enough to add a DMX controlled relay to configure colors.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...