Thread: Ebay Weirdness....

Default Ebay Weirdness....

Is it just me, or has anyone noticed that eBay has revoked the ability to contact a seller?

This sucks, as I liked being able to follow-up with folks to get things relisted if needed. I can only guess this is more limits from eBay driven by their paranoia.

Seems like not being able to contact folks before a purchase would work against successful auctions. Maybe this is in error for now, but I know if this does not change, it will limit what and how much I'm willing to purchase on eBay going forward...
    Last edited by Displaser; 08-25-2010 at 19:09. Reason: can't spell, or read apparently...
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    Is it just me, or has anyone noticed that eBay has revoked the ability to contact a seller?

This sucks, as I liked being able to follow-up with folks to get things relisted if needed. I can only guess this is more limits from eBay driven by their paranoia.

Seems like not being able to contact folks before a purchase would work against sucessful auctions. Maybe this is in error for now, but I know if this does not change, it will limit what and how much I'm willing to purchase on eBay going forward...
    Hmmm I just contacted a seller yesterday prior to a purchase. I think the button was moved, cause it took me a minute to find. Hopefully a temp thing.
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    I think the button was moved, cause it took me a minute to find. Hopefully a temp thing.
    You are correct - it's now at the bottom of the item listing.

Thanks for pointing this out.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Still in the same place for me on the right hand side along with 'View other items from this seller', but changed a while back to 'Ask seller a question' rather than 'Contact seller' I believe.