Thread: ...wOW! ...and, WOW...

Post ...wOW! ...and, WOW...

...two quick links, sent to me yesterday... had-to post... whacked-out crazy polar-opposites...

http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/video:-...caught-on-tape Eeek...

..and http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/rea...as-got-talent/

..." nobody says piano has to be...with hands..." Totally Awesome.

njoy...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Ouch!, nasty collision... As for the pianist, like you said Jon... Wow!!

That is one very brave and determined kid. Suddenly puts all the little squabbles here on PL into perspective.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

An example of Stupidity (car crash) and Brilliance (pianist) in one posting. Thanks for sharing!

It was great meeting you Jon and loved the show you put on for us.

Cheers, Ian

Hi Jon!

Right on brother!

I'm not much of a forwarder but I've just sent it to my girlfriend, her Dad and my Mum.

Liu, Wow what a man!

Here is a man who is truely present to what a precious gift our life is.

The speech below is mounted on my bedroom wall and if I've ever seen anyone who is living by it it would be Liu.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” The above speech by Nelson Mandela was orignally written by Marianne Williamson who is the author of other similar material.”

Thanks mate, I am having a nice ray.

Kit

What a spectacular wreck! What was th person doing videotaping? Why?

I saw a strange highway light show last year... wish I'd had a camera. It was super foggy early in the morning, this chick zooms past me on the freeway, loses it, does a 360 spin out right in front of me, corrects, and zooms on her way. But the headlights spinning around!.... you never get to see that at freeway speeds!

I love the Chinese foot pianist, it is an inspiration to those of us who have all of our limbs. It's only our heads getting in the way!

- Tim

What a spectacular wreck! What was th person doing videotaping? Why?
    It was a police patrol car with it's on-board camera that filmed the incident

From the article
    "He crashed when he drove off the left side of the roadway while passing a Sugarcreek Twp. police car. The crash was caught on that officer's cruiser camera."
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

The Chinese pianist was featured on the news over here a couple of days ago. His talent is immense and to play that well using his feet is quite remarkable. This TV appearance may be another pivotal moment in his life. I wish him every success as he certainly deserves it more than most.

"...wOW! ...and,WOW" pretty much covers it!

That first video caught me off guard as I thought he was going to spin out or something and maybe correct and drive off (since somebody here on this thread mentioned a similar occurrence). It's amazing what you can accomplish with vehicle weight reduction these days.

Watching that second video was really something. I used to play piano and to see that guy play a piece with such skill was awesome. You can easily tell he was not just playing the notes but adding a lot of emotion into his performance. I love to see or hear stories of perseverance in the face of great obstacles. In my opinion, that's what life's all about.

Thanks for the links!

-Jonathan