Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Million Pound Drop UK

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Marc, if you ever require anywhere to test any of them there lasers you have then please feel more than free to bring any one of them to the impending UKLEM in April

You will be very welcomed Sir.
    That would be a great coup for the LEM Jim.

I still think there's nothing like the purity of OPSL.

I agree and that was exactly my point. I'm sure the ER were aware of that and sometimes you have no choice but to work with what a client wants, but competing lighting really kills a lasers effectiveness in my opinion.
    but if you read my comment again, you'll see that wasn't quite the point I was making. I was saying that a certain level of other 'beam' lighting is reasonably acceptable (from profiles, etc), but the real killer is anything that serves to bring the background 'canvas' behind the lasers up in brightness (e.g. projection screens and LED walls). Thats when you lose them.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    but if you read my comment again, you'll see that wasn't quite the point I was making. I was saying that a certain level of other 'beam' lighting is reasonably acceptable (from profiles, etc), but the real killer is anything that serves to bring the background 'canvas' behind the lasers up in brightness (e.g. projection screens and LED walls). Thats when you lose them.
    I usuallys coordinate with the lighting and VJ guys n girls and request a 'dark stage' when the lasers are on, it makes a huge difference.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Marc, if you ever require anywhere to test any of them there lasers you have then please feel more than free to bring any one of them to the impending UKLEM in April

Thanks for the offer but do you have space for 65 laser systems?!

Hi Doc, Thanks for the advice on the dark stage... Good one I must remember that.!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post

Thanks for the offer but do you have space for 65 laser systems?!
    you dont need to bring all of them just a few.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    you dont need to bring all of them just a few.
    I think a TARM OPSL would be the real wow factor although I get the feeling it might have to be used outdoors at 21 Watts!

Well we do have CAA clearance for the Friday and Saturday nights so that wouldn't be a problem

As Andy said, you don't have to bring them all

Lasers or no lasers you still very welcome Marc!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi Doc, Thanks for the advice on the dark stage... Good one I must remember that.!
    It wasn't aimed at you squire, I don't think a dark stage is really appropriate for a TV set

I was refering to dance events where it is good to chat with the LJs and VJs and agree some solo time, as norty said; moving heads and the like don't really cause much problem with their fingers of light, it's the walls of light you have as a background (projection screens and video walls)
    Last edited by Doc; 03-01-2011 at 02:48. Reason: Monkey fingers

Doc's website

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I think a TARM OPSL would be the real wow factor although I get the feeling it might have to be used outdoors at 21 Watts!
    If only they could learn how to spell 'guarantee'

Doc's website

If only they could learn how to spell 'guarantee'
    Maybe if its mis-spelt it doesn't apply

"No sir, you don't have a guarantee with your unit, what you have is a guana-tree"
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.