Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone know about laser shows at SciWorks?

Yes it is not much of a show
    they have a lease and contract for old bad a-dat shows
    Thru did have a level WL but that was 2-3yrs ago
    Maybe we can go talk to them hit me up
    Jeff

About 300 slide projectors....a new 3 watt white light Coherent and PCOAM about 5 years ago..Cambridge scanner set up. Sciworks owns the laser I was told back then....shows could be done on most any software. Guys were friendly back then and gave me the back stage tour of the system on the scaffolding. They didn't charge much at all to see the show..3 or 4 bucks. It was OK for a publicly available show...but was not up to par with anything newer than 5 or 6 years for show content. Maybe that has changed....let me know if a group is going to take any equipment to show them some newer equipment....I would be interested in going along. I had contacted them some time ago on a venue search for a NCLEM....too expensive.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I don't have the time or the practical laser show experience to get too involved. I'm a software engineer, not a laser show producer. I'd like to learn more but I'm not naive enough to think I could go over them and show them how it's done.

I do know that most of the people working there are volunteers. The people runnng the planetarium and laser shows had volunteer shirts on. So, that means they are volunteer friendly, at least.

Didn't mean to take over or anything like that. Just to maybe get a chance at doing something in the venue possibly....maybe sharing new equipment at a first hand level in person could get a saturday in a dark room there for personal use...like a mini lem.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I'd be up for that.