View Poll Results: What is your belief ?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • I belive in a Higher Being, or Beings, a Creator

15 51.72%
  • No, Thanks, I'm just a Postafarian...

2 6.90%
  • I do not belive in a higher Being or Beings, nor a creator.

8 27.59%
  • I could care less.

4 13.79%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quick Check

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by jooopy View Post
    Agnostic Dyslexic Insomniac- I stay late at night wondering if there really is a Dog!
    Up, Jooopy, you need to join DAM, wait for it, wait for it, Mothers against Dyslexia!
    Fellow member. In my case its Dyscalcula, most of the left/right thing sorted itself out in high school.
    I used to write backwards, but that does not work with computers.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    I have faith in a higher power, but I do not believe in organized religion. In fact I believe that organized religion is one of the biggest threats to civilization that exists.
    I agree, but think there are many, many, many more than "a" "higher powers", and believe that lumping all of them into one sets up for the "mine is higher than yours" attitude seen in most religious people I've encountered.

By the way, this topic has 67 pages of opinion absolutely non-laser related at LPF, and they've removed their poll results. Can anyone guess why?

I believe in vibrationnal forces, like cosmic chords but in a neverending dimensional cycle, ie what is existent at our scale has it's equivalent upper and lower

an artistic image would be an atom which is a solar system, with electron-planets and sentient or not beings, this system would be part of matter, like universe would be an environment with matter composed by those system-atoms, present on a planet, part of a solar system, part of an universe being itself some matter, etc...

everything is reproduced in other scales in a neverending cycle, as are vibrations that can be perceived in everything...

nothing to do with science or religion, just a feeling

like I can feel vibrational harmony when I walk in the forest and feel the peace and force of what I consider a large-scale organism (be it composed of other organisms)

oops, I got too far in my delirium... say I just believe in what I feel and what I perceive, and respect everything that I feel in vibrational harmony with

the best condition to be in vibrational harmony with me is a beer, a laser, and an open mind

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by robert hess View Post
    I agree, but think there are many, many, many more than "a" "higher powers", and believe that lumping all of them into one sets up for the "mine is higher than yours" attitude seen in most religious people I've encountered.

By the way, this topic has 67 pages of opinion absolutely non-laser related at LPF, and they've removed their poll results. Can anyone guess why?
    It was the LPF thread that upset me.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

IMO discussion of religion has no place here or on LPF. Throughout history the act of discussing one's religious beliefs with others of differing beliefs, no matter what the purpose is intended to be, has only ended up generating discord and worse. It serves no other purpose that I can see. There will never be a consensus, and as far as I'm concerned that's fine. Human nature won't allow for anything else. I just wish more people could try to coexist. That's the big one for me. I think that people should strive to live with each other's viewpoints and beliefs and RESPECT people's right to have their own beliefs. In order to facilitate that, I think it's best to keep religious discussion among those whom you know share your beliefs. Publicly discussing one's beliefs as if they constitute the only right way is the first step toward disrespecting the rights of others. IMO of course. To each their own.

I was not going to chime in here but I have to applaud Elektrofreaks post above. Spot on the nail.
    Lets talk about lasers please.
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by robert hess View Post
    Can anyone guess why?
    Nup I have no odea why and im interested to hear !
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Why did you close your poll?

Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    IMO discussion of religion has no place here or on LPF. Throughout history the act of discussing one's religious beliefs with others of differing beliefs, no matter what the purpose is intended to be, has only ended up generating discord and worse. It serves no other purpose that I can see. There will never be a consensus, and as far as I'm concerned that's fine. Human nature won't allow for anything else. I just wish more people could try to coexist. That's the big one for me. I think that people should strive to live with each other's viewpoints and beliefs and RESPECT people's right to have their own beliefs. In order to facilitate that, I think it's best to keep religious discussion among those whom you know share your beliefs. Publicly discussing one's beliefs as if they constitute the only right way is the first step toward disrespecting the rights of others. IMO of course. To each their own.
    Excellent post!

I think that's what I was sorta trying to say, but in a much more roundabout way

Respect for others, that's what really matters.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    Nup I have no odea why and im interested to hear !
    My guess is that the results didn't sit well with Mr. >10K Posts there, so he just wiped it away.

Seems like the religion there is Drama. Builds post count, their coin of the realm the key to their heaven which is the appearance of knowledge & experience. Disagree and you're subjected to the Inquisition, baited by the cackling TJ and presided over by the All Powerful & Knowing Daguin, professor of manipulation and garbled communication.
    Last edited by Eidetic; 08-29-2010 at 08:47. Reason: cheap & easy shot