Thread: Want to build a quad?

Default Want to build a quad?

I have two setups for building a quad. I sell them because i,m busy with working on another project.

The setup contains 4 collimatormounts that will fit the collimators from marco and also the 3 dichromounts from chad.

The baseplate contains a square hole that will fit a 40mm peltier element and is 3mm deep.

Im not going to sell more of these so its a one time offer. Chad manufactered these except the square hole but there are some change of plans so i will use the money for funding the other project.

Here are some pics of the setup with collimatormounts including a picture how to build the setup and how to raise the mounts to get the right beam profile. You need to raise the collimators to overlap the seperate beams together.

I have two of those and Mccarrot can sell you the collimators. The hole of the collimator mount of 11.2 mm.

This is a chance to be the first on PL to make a setup with good beamprofile. The drivers for these has to be a high side driver like the one from Dave or another or the one from Mccarrot.

Collimators: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ht=collimators

If you do it exactly like the way it should then you would have a beamspecs of 2 by 2 with a divergence of 0.6 til 0.8

The setup will costs 350 dollars. Bolts profided

Shoot me a pm when intersted

Who doesn,t understand the theorry behind stacking the beams do some research first please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1080535.JPG  

Beam quad 2.jpg  

collmount.jpg  

diode mount.jpg  

P1080403..JPG  

P1080404..JPG  

Last edited by edison; 05-09-2010 at 04:51.

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    This is a chance to be the first on PL to make a setup with good beamprofile. The drivers for these has to be a high side driver like the one from Dave or another or the one from Mccarrot.
    Offcourse you can also isolate the collimator mounts from the baseplate.

Thats right i forgot. Had my mind on my other project

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    The drivers for these has to be a high side driver like the one from Dave or another or the one from Mccarrot.
    The drivers don't necessary have to be high side drivers. It would be pretty easy to isolate the collimator mount from the base..

Also, the high side driver is not mine. Its Andythemechanic's Im just doing a few boards for myself, and selling off spares at cost...
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Sorry i forgot to show how it can be done so picture of stacking the beams is in the first message.

I reduced the price to 200 euro. (250 dollar ) This is a perfect way to get red with good beamspecs.

Everything is professional machined. If you want to be one of the first that builds a quad with a 2mm by 2mm beam this is the way.

If anyone wants to build a blue 445nm setup here,s your chance. Can you imagine 4 watt of blue

Comes with t brass dichromounts

Taggalucci bought the first, this is the last one i have.!!
    Last edited by edison; 06-04-2010 at 12:43.

If someone has questions or need help with building the quad i will help to get the result that you want.

Plenty of room for adding a telescope after the pbs

If anyone wants to build a nice blue i reduce the price to 100 euro including the brass
    mounts. With Dr lava his driver that would make this an awesome blue quad if you ad a beamtable. I have the collimatorhousing that fit the mount so you could ad your own lenses if they are fitted in a m9x0.5 threaded housing.

Its dirt cheap because 2 brassmounts are 30 euro and the collimators have cost me 25 dollars each. Chad made them for me.

So grab it while it is still here

I will take it......