Thread: SELEM Red module not very bright

Default SELEM Red module not very bright

My projector got damaged going to SELEM event, It is a 500mw RGV and the red module some how got nailed and now dose not out put much red, Its a one driver for all laser modules RGV on the projector and has 4 pots to turn so I need to know how to locate the pot I need to adjust for the red so I don't screw up the other modules out puts and how to adjust the red to the right level of out put, anybody have some good insite on this?
    Thanx,
    Emory
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

need pictures of the driver at least

Unhappy PICS of driver board

O.K. flecom,
    I will dissasembile the driver board from projector and do some close ups for you.
    I am thinking that since I realighind the galvos to center the beam line and that help a little bit and that the color of the red is more of a purple red and week at that, but dose show that it is still some what choherent, that maybe the cheap china laser is at it's end of life and is barely holding on. So if that being the case do you know of any body selling a 200mw red module or a compatable diode?

Lightbulb

If you feel comfortable changing out the diode; the open can reds are cheap and come free when you buy a blu-ray sled.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Default PICS and some voltae readings of suspected driver board

Attachment 19117Attachment 19116Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-08-29 14.11.22.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	346.0 KB 
ID:	19115
    LD modules are as follows: 1) 532nm, 2) 650nm, 3) 405nm.
    PCB CONNECTORS: 1) 6.79v 405nm, 2) 3.62v 532nm, 3) 3.62v 650nm. readings are with out load.

I am thinking that the PCB I am calling a multi driver board Is only a regulated D.C. source and or TTL color modulation combination.
    Is the LD Drivers located in each LD module? I am not sure, I have never taken a LD module apart to see how it works do to my F.U.B.A.R. skills!!
    Emory

Default Current reading, saddly :(

current draw of the 650nm module is 134.6ma working @ 3.1 vdc.
    could not find any specs other than other MFG 650nm 200mw diodes and they gave me range to work with 2-3vdc @ 830-900ma typ-max,
    drlava says 3 vdc @ 300ma. typ
    The LD module is 650nm but beams 633-635nm being the diode not reciving full operating curent. I belive.
    So I think I have a bad red driver. now I just need to figure out were to get a driver like the one in the fotos, thats a multi channeled driver, were oh, were in china do I look?!

Lightbulb

I'd buy three analog drivers as an upgrade. Most of the DIY drivers here on the forum will power any of those lasers you have.

Emory look at these- could not send them in a PM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dad,Jr. and good friends dining 030 (Medium).jpg  

adj mount PSC microlab 045 (1).jpg