Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virus & Spyware Protection?

1+
    I would suggest a second machine with fast re-image ability, there's no easy fix for a clickyhappy user with no idea IMHO
    There are Net books on Woot.com today for $200 $5 shipping 5 different ones.

I finally got one last month cause my partner is always clicking away on home computer and I was finding all sorts of spyware crap making its way around.
    Slick Laser 2.4w RGB
    Omnisistem 1991 RG Q-Beam
    Hene Tube
    Shitty mistake Chauvet Scorpion fat beam

Quote Originally Posted by Mattatya View Post
    1+

There are Net books on Woot.com today for $200 $5 shipping 5 different ones.
    Great price except for that damn Windows 7. I wish I knew if there were enough drivers for XP for the Gateway.

Marc -

We've been using the Trend Micro Internet Security Pro suite for a couple of years now on 3 of our computers, and have been quite happy with it.

So far, no bugs!

It's about $70 a year, but that license lets you install it on up to 3 computers.
    Most importantly -
    It's easy for the missus to use!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I use AVG free version.. I have not had any problems yet, but then again, I don't click on/download things that would be likely to give me spyware/viruses. I use Google Chrome for browsing.
    - instinct

thanks everyone-

I am trying Avast for the AV protection. And im using Spybot for "live" monitoring of spyware/adware. Also using malware bytes with it for once a week scans.

So far so good.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Default sikening

Ya, Marc me to! I have been using AVG(paid version) along with Spybot S&D and about every two weeks the system realy gets bogged and has error issues, I do the S&D bot and allways F en allways I get a RIGHT MEDIA browser and AXIS SPY ADWARE As the corperets
    to the problems, I was finaly able to track down the AXIS program as some one cued me on the forum that it was a dll extension "vx2.dll" Used Start menue run" C:|windows\vx2.dll succeeded. deleat vx2.dll" and then I had to goto the control menue and deleat it from there as it would re install it self as an update or at boot up. no more probs with it any more but still on the trap and kill for that RIGHT MEDIA one, my hide must be showing.
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Norton iNTERNET sECURITY

I have used norton for many years and i have never NEVER ever had any virus or anything else that is harmfull.

I know norton has had some bad reputation before becouse taking up much resources from computer. Although i can say that there new 2010 version toghether with Win7 is amazing.
    im right now running a full system scan and it takes 2% from my 2.6Ghz Quad CPU.

I have tried AVG, nod32 and all of them have sooner or later failed blocking some of the new trojjans/harmfull cookies thats being created everyday by the blackhats.

One of the main points i think is that so many trojjans and viruses etc are being created every hour, it needs a huge organisation of people to cope with that amount, and thats why i believe only huge companied like norton and alike can really cope with it.

Although, the crucial thing about all virus softwares is that you should set the autoupdate to search for updates as often you can, good thing about norton is that it never asks it just does it.