Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feeler: Mini GB on scanner cases

Any progress?
    15chars

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilling View Post
    I havn't forgotten about this thread but I think I'm going to slow progress down a bit. Instead of trying to do everything CAD modeled first, I'm going to order some extrusion and build a prototype. The problems with my first scanner case all came from going to quickly and not testing everything out.

I also don't have the money right now to put anything in the case(lazors are expensive) .So I'm going to do things slowly and see if I can't get this thing built as solid as possible.

I should have a mock up prototype in about a month or so, I will keep you guys posted. I expect to have a finished product sometime around the end of December when school gets out and I have more free time.

Thanks,
    Austin
    leading in trailing technology

i would be interested in one of these things, price depending. thanks for the work

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Any progress?
    Someone who read this thread contacted me through email with a very promising design. He is an engineer and has the entire case nicely CAD modeled. It is built with the intentions of being able to be certified through the CDRH. I couldn't design it as nicely as he is done so I have chosen to partner with him rather then reinventing the wheel.

He is putting the finishing touched on the design and wants to go into production with it very soon. I will keep you guys updated here but I expect to have them built within a month or two. Not sure of the price yet, but we have a few details to work out between each other for now.

You could also contact EDISON, he designed a similar case like the scetch, and already did a groupbuy.

Someone who read this thread contacted me through email with a very promising design. He is an engineer and has the entire case nicely CAD modeled. It is built with the intentions of being able to be certified through the CDRH. I couldn't design it as nicely as he is done so I have chosen to partner with him rather then reinventing the wheel.

He is putting the finishing touched on the design and wants to go into production with it very soon. I will keep you guys updated here but I expect to have them built within a month or two. Not sure of the price yet, but we have a few details to work out between each other for now.
    Any idea if the price will remain in the same ballpark?
    leading in trailing technology

I don,t have any left. And because i,m busy with developing my own modules of Red and blue i can,t help because of the lack of time. I really have to focus on the develop of my modules

Here are some pictures. Also some pictures of my single blue modules
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1080848.JPG  

P1080852.JPG  

P1080533.JPG  

P1080526.JPG  

P1080420..JPG  

is this the individual in so. california?

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Any idea if the price will remain in the same ballpark?
    It should remain close, if it becomes more expensive it will be well justified.

Quote Originally Posted by DjHeadie View Post
    is this the individual in so. california?
    Yes

Yes
    neat-o. just wanted to make sure he was teh same i was talking to, otherwise i would comment on how many new scanner builders we have popping up (including myself hah)

He DJ, have you heard from the guy from Cali, its been weeks since i talked to him last, we should have started building them by now.