Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Color Correction boards

Hi Jim
    not exactly - but yes kinda
    Its primary function is to get rid of coloured 'tails' at the start and end of a white (or multi coloured) trace it does this by slowing down the rise time under modulation of the faster lasers in your projector to match the rise time of the slowest - if we ignore 445 for a mo - traditionally when the blanking signal turns on a red diode would be on instantly (or as good as) then the green would come up then blue. So a white line (no relation tio Titanic) would start off red then change to yellow before finally getting to white. You can get similar effects at the end of the line too as the lasers turn off - dpss blue seems in my tests to dwell the longest - so you adjust the red and green to draw them out as much as the blue so both ends of the scan are clean.
    When testing a crude version of this circuit about 18 months ago the results in my RGB were stunning - everything just looked 'better' almost impossible to say why - it just did.
    In addition to the timing functions this circuit also has a gain control to re-juvinate the signal that will be diminshed by the delay circuit and there is also a threshold control allowing one to match the strting point of the lasers to maximise their range in modulation.
    I hope thats not too long winded and makes sense
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

As clear as Ted Moults kitchen window mate

Thanks for the explaination.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QnqPRNQhaU
    couldnt unfortunately find Kenny Everetts parody with Ted Moult himself...

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

I have worked like a bugger on this today and the board is fully placed and traced into a final size of 78mm x 57.5mm. Still got a shed load of tidy up to do but it means I am on track (no pun) to getting the boards ordered this weekend. I have started ordering/sourcing parts which will be added to the old DZ stock I have to ensure the boards can be populated and flowed as soon as they land so we can get you all sorted.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    I have worked like a bugger on this today and the board is fully placed and traced into a final size of 78mm x 57.5mm. Still got a shed load of tidy up to do but it means I am on track (no pun) to getting the boards ordered this weekend. I have started ordering/sourcing parts which will be added to the old DZ stock I have to ensure the boards can be populated and flowed as soon as they land so we can get you all sorted.

Rob
    Nice work Rob I can't wait!

In fact, please can you up my order to one daughter board and one standalone (assuming a difference)?

Cheers,
    Tony

Hi Tony
    you are on the list - the only difference between them will be in the fit of the connectors

Rob

Default yes please!

Hi Rob,

Please put me down for 1x daughter board thanks.

Now i'm off to your store for some interface boards and first contact.

Oh, how do I order the red tinted first contact?

A-hem, just answered my question by re-reading description on your e store.
    Last edited by kitatit; 09-09-2010 at 01:25. Reason: being a trigger happy twit

I'm in for 2 of them as well as 2 ILDA interface boards.

Duly noted ireedz

Just a note about these - The ilda interface was designed to go on the back panel of a projector - cutting down on the internal wiring. I have re-configured it by placing the interlock connection on the top side of the pcb so that it can be mounted internally for extra flexibility however the addition of a 9pin connector on the top side will mean this connector is obscured and unaccessible with the colour daughter board fitted. There is no way round this appart from having the interlock connector on a flying lead with 9-pin on the end. This will be possible just drop me a line about it if this is the config you need - will most likely make this a purchase option on the shop page.

the colour boards should be ready for ship sometime early week starting 27th - cant say until I get confirm back from pcb firm. I will address the users in this thread in the order you posted your interest - kinda, first shouted first served - its the fairest way - So Kecked is top o' the pile

As soon as I have more details I will post here

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Duly noted ireedz

Just a note about these - The ilda interface was designed to go on the back panel of a projector - cutting down on the internal wiring. I have re-configured it by placing the interlock connection on the top side of the pcb so that it can be mounted internally for extra flexibility however the addition of a 9pin connector on the top side will mean this connector is obscured and unaccessible with the colour daughter board fitted. There is no way round this appart from having the interlock connector on a flying lead with 9-pin on the end. This will be possible just drop me a line about it if this is the config you need - will most likely make this a purchase option on the shop page.

Rob
    Good catch Rob! You are exactly correct on the configuration I'm looking for. I will need the flying lead.

Cheers, Ian