Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Color Correction boards

Default Update

the pcbs are in production - no definite date for delivery but they should be here by Surfleet - it might be tight but all indictions are that we are on for delivery before Surfleet
    As for price - the few original DZ boards I had were sold for £45 each inc vat with shipping within the UK, I dont know the price 100% confirmed untill I buy the parts this week but it looks as though the price will be about £50 inc UK ship - Euro will be +£4 (my standard mandatory practice to pay for tracking on overseas ships) and rest of world will depend on where you are - so contact me for details please.
    Out of the price of the unit (at £50) I will make a £5 (10%) contribution to Spec to help run PL so not only are you getting the board you want but our community will have a small benefit too - needed now more than ever.

Just to state too the specs of this device - and see attachment for a sneaky peek at the layout - lowish res so dont expect too much!

4 channels (R.G,B,Dkb) with rising edge delay and falling edge delay plus offset (laser threshold) and gain (to reduce any signal attenuation in the delay stage - this will not give your laser more power - but will mean you get the full 5V to it under modulation)
    Each parameter adjusted by 25 turn preset pots (16 of them per board in all!)
    Signal type - differential or single ended input and sinlge ended output with diode clamping protection and output short circuit protection.
    Power feed needed - 12-24v split rail - on board voltage regulation
    Power and output connection - molex kk connector 3 and 8 way respectively
    Input connection - sil header pins or bottom side female sil conecttor for daughterboard version
    Mouning - 4x m3 clearance holes - drawing will be provided
    physical size - 80mmx58mm

the list of people who have shown an interest is shown below - post or PM if you are interested
    Kecked
    LAserman532
    Badger1666
    Displaser
    ireedz
    taggalucci
    Kitatit
    Hobbybob
    Megaton
    Phredy1
    Solonar
    Infredible
    Blowfly

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails colourboard.jpg  

Last edited by stanwax; 09-22-2010 at 14:05.
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

looking good. will be nice to banish the evil pink tails. Just for fun I worked out my own board which I have no plans to make now.

It had x/y gain/offset so you could set position and make sure you could not ovedrive your scanners. Gain should really be called scale as no gain is had just adjusts the top of the range. I added a set of regulators to the board to run the diode drivers. All inputs and outputs are differential with molex ilda in and ilda out. You could put ribbon cable out to db25's if you wanted to put this in a rack and use full size pots outside of the projector. Runs off scanner supplies 15v or greater. I ran the opamps at 12v. I should have set the offset +/-5v but set them off the +/-12v. I think that was a mistake. Now you couldhave an offset value way out of range and hurt your driver. Since I have 5v on the board this would be easy to change.

I used resistor arrays instead of discrete parts. That made it a pain to solve the board. I don't recommend that again.

We'll here is a picture of the board. Here ends my adventure. Was fun learning to make boards on my owClick image for larger version. 

Name:	PCB Design_ LASER5 sm.pdf 
Views:	33 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	19671nClick image for larger version. 

ID:	19671.Click image for larger version. 

ID:	19671

Rob,

Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress. You, sir, are a pro!

Ian

Hey Kecked
    I see you used a combination of SMD and TH - I have kinda done this but only the electrolytics, connectors and pots are TH - everything else SMD. I also used 4 way resistor arrays in the original design and they proved a real pia so I dumped them and went with discreet. One cool thing I have used is dual Schottky diodes which have been a godsend six replacing 12 discreets made trace routing easier and saved some space to boot (space I desparately needed!). The only other thing that changed from the original DZ design was the loss of the jumpers in the delay segment. I had traced these in with solder pads instead of jumpers but they took up too much space and I think that there is only limeted use for them anyway. Anyone wanting to utilise this could just hard wire a jump lead across the relevant points (instructions will be included) - so they are no more.
    Im looking forward to shwong photos of the finished item and durring this week when I have ordered the parts - which are now 95% sourced I will put a pre order page onto my webshop.
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Thumbs up

Good news Rob
    Thanks and cheers,

Eduardo

Hi Rob,

I'm interested in a colour correction board.

Thanks!
    Mike

Hi Mike
    I will put you on the list - Your ilda board was dispatched today

Rob

Thank you for the quick turn around Rob. Much appreciated.

Do you think I get get away with running the ilda connections board off the 24 volt supply of a DT40 pro, or should I look into another small 24 volt psu?

Mike

Mike
    If you have an earlier 1A PSU for the scanners then yes you might just get away with it however if you have a more recent one they are only rated at 0.8A so its a bit much to pinch from the supply, so would recommend an alternate power source.

@ everyone there is now a pre-order page on my webshop price is £50 (inc £5 clear donation to Spec for the upkeep of PL) there will be some additional shipping out of Europe by will keep this at a minimum and let you know as soon as I know how much they are gonna weigh and can work it out.

Rob

Rob, do you know what the total power consumption of the ILDA connector board is with the colour correction option? I found in your spec that the connection board requires 200ma.

I was wondering if something like the following would work for power. It puts out 5W at 24V.
    http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=102-1473-ND

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by blowfly; 09-23-2010 at 20:33. Reason: Found the spec. :)