Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Color Correction boards

Default put me down for one

put me down for one...
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Is there any point in putting the green signal through the board since you are trying to match the other lasers by "slowing" them down. Would that not just make it worse? That could be why it is hard to adjust.

Sorry all for the delay there has been a few issues to resolve and I have been busy on other jobs but I can now say that by the end of next week we will be shipping colourboards. I will post here as soon as the buy page is available.
    I have also built a tester for the boards - see pic that allows me to test all the channels on a standard single colour projetcor.

kecked - to answer your last question (above) it is worth applying the correction to the green (indeed all channels) as you need to match all colours and the green will have a longer fall time than red or blue diodes therefore having this parameter adjustable is desirable. Plus you benefit from the other features of the board such as threshold and gain.
    Set up isnt diffiucult its just time consuming to get it right - once you understand the what you are trying to acheive then is not so difficult to home in on the desired result.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tester.jpg  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Thumbs up

Hi Rob

Nice to hear that

And when you have time can you post what options for PSU?
    (+-12V is ok and if with a 1 Watt DC DC converter work with +-42mA i.e. D-0512D)
    Or the DC to DC +-15V with +-35mA?

Nice work. And in the mean time
    Best regards,
    Ed

Looks great rob!!

Very proffesional testequipment. Well build !! Keep up the great work!!

Default Finally here

Ok chaps after a few issues that are now resolved the colour boards are ready and available. I have some built ready to ship and a few of these are already packed and paid for and will be dispatched tomorrow but the order page is now up on the webshop. While the ones built are selling I will be making some more so there should be plenty to go round
    remember 10% of the money for the colourboards will be donated to Spec for PL.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails colourboard.jpg  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Great news! Thanks Rob

Order placed...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by megaton View Post
    Hi Rob

Nice to hear that

And when you have time can you post what options for PSU?
    (+-12V is ok and if with a 1 Watt DC DC converter work with +-42mA i.e. D-0512D)
    Or the DC to DC +-15V with +-35mA?

Best regards,
    Ed
    Hi Rob
    Bump!
    Best regards,
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by megaton View Post
    Hi Rob
    Bump!
    Best regards,
    Ed
    The current draw of this board is 50mA per leg - its actually a shade below this but if you factor 50mA you will be ok.
    Im still trying to get the instructions finished off but in the mean time anyone who clicks the link on the order page will get a copy of Buffos original DZ instructions/tutorial with some additional info about the Stanwax version - so at least you can get started!

Rob

Cool Two sexy beauty's arrive today

So now I have work to keep me warm with this weather.

Thanks Rob they are beautiful.

Cheers,
    Eduardo