Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Color Correction boards

Default Color Correction boards

Since DZ stopped making them and nobody else is offering them, would anyone be interested in a run of boards being done using Pangolins ready for anything color /timing filter amp?

Thinking ilda in/out, mini 10 turn pots, molex power connector setup to run off scanner supplies. Switches would be mini on board toggles.

The circuit will be the exact on Bill shows on the pangolin siteClick image for larger version. 

Name:	RFAFilter.gif 
Views:	132 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	19223

I have all of the circuit designs for DZ boards and will be making some with 4 channels as soon as I get them tracked up. They will be much more compact than DZ's being designed to fit as a daugterboard for my ilda interface boards.
    If anyone is interested in these just drop me a Pm or email - the more interest I have the more time I will spend on the job and the sooner it will be done
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Question

Why not do all 6 channels?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

One reason is because I want to build a version of this that is a daughterboard for my ilda board and that has 4 channels plus im gonna have a hellva job fitting 4 channels into the space I have! But how many people actually will use all 6? The pots in particular add a lot to the cost of this board and there are 4 pots per channel - thats gonna make the whole thing a lot more expensive for most people who will only use 3 or 4.
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Default Color Board

I stand to the side for Stanwax. Let's use this thread to show support for the board and move it to a final shipping board.

I want three with at least three channels.

maybe I need to get my arse into gear
    like I said the more interest the more time I can justify on it

Rob

Thumbs up

Thanks Rob; I ws just curious if it was a big deal to got from 3 or 4 to 6 channels. I plan on going to at least 5 channels some day, but most everyone will probable stay with 3 or 4.

i think i know what this is...but it dosnt really matter...i want at least one anyway. Soon I will be building me a micro projector and ill probably need one
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Default one for me

count me in for one
    hey rob will these work stand alone or will i have to have the interface as well ?
    any idea on cost (ball park price will do )

The originals worked out at £45 I will keep as close to that as possible but no promises. As for running without the ilda board - yes it will - I aim to make all the electronics as flexible as poss but its primarily an add on for the ilda board that allows ease of connectivity from inside the projector to outside and adds all the functions you need for 60825 compliance so using it with that is the sensible choice.

Rob