Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for cheap laser software

Not sure how that works but definitely leave that black one to pin 25.

If it still doesn't work then that wasn't the problem. I'd put the black wires back to pin 25. I just realized that they are probably there because your scanners probably take +-5v input.

Try connecting a 1.5v battery between pin 25 and pins 1 & 2 while the scanner is on. You should get a little deflection. If not, then your ILDA connector isn't connected to your scanners for some reason. If there is deflection, start looking at the DAC or software for problems. Are you sure you have the software set up with a non zero scan angle?

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by laser777 View Post
    To the auto/music - ILDA. Switch.
    Ah, find the signal wires to the scan amp. Bypass the auto music switch and wire them from the scan amp direct to the ilda connector, and you will find bliss. Mark down where they go first. I'd move the intensity signal over to the green channel. Not all dacs support intensity. We'll see if John Yayas agrees with me on that one.

USE a AA battery to make a signal source to test the amp deflection. 1.5V wont hurt anything.

You have single ended wiring. Pins 1 and 2 should be x and Y and pin 25 is ground for the galvo signals.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

I thought about doing that. Sounds easy. So the red and black are x and y.... And the white is intensity?

No.... Wait. Red and white are x and y. Then black is intensity right?

Move the intensity to the green channel. K.

What are these red, white, and black wires you are talking about??

Step back and figure out what is what. It isn't too difficult. Get a sheet of paper and draw the wires and colors and what is labeled on the connectors. Include the scanner amps, DMX, board, ILDA plug, etc. Include the wire colors. Post it. I am sure we can probably get it straight then. Right now we are shooting in the dark.

If you don't care about using the DMX board I'd bypass it as Steve suggested. Switching to use Green instead of Intensity may or may not be a good idea. Depends on the DAC and software. For now, just pick one or the other. What works best can be worked out later.

I've read back and can't seem to find where anyone suggested it, so I'm going to do it...

Before you get too far into stripping the projector wiring, have you confirmed that you are seeing signal on the XY outputs from the DAC?

If not, I would thoroughly recommend getting your volt meter and measuring across the pins for a voltage when projecting an image. Although it won't tell you the real size of the signal, it will tell you IF there is a signal. Try pins 1 and 14 and pins 1 and 25 for a start.

Then, once you've confirmed you have signal at the outputs of the DAC, attach the DB25 cable and measure again at the end of the cable to confirm all pins are connected in the right order.

Only then start looking for problems in the projector (imho)

Quote Originally Posted by Grix View Post
    http://hingednewt.com/Spaghetti.aspx

It is only $50

EDIT: Oh wait. Missed the text part.. Spaghetti doesn't have a text feature yet, afaik.
    Note: The version of Spaghetti that is currently under development has text output. It will be included in the next Beta release (probably with a few days).

Quote Originally Posted by Grix View Post
    http://hingednewt.com/Spaghetti.aspx

It is only $50

EDIT: Oh wait. Missed the text part.. Spaghetti doesn't have a text feature yet, afaik.

Looks like it's $119 now. Not bad still, in fact I almost bought it, then I realized that it locks to one single PC and is not transferable. I mess with hardware enough that it's not acceptable to have it locked to one specific machine. While I find copy protection and DRM a pain all around, if I at least had the ability to deactivate it on one box and install it on a different one I would, but for now the protection is costing them a sale rather than creating one.

I'm sorry to hear that the license scheme kept you from buying Spaghetti. I have been looking into adding a dongle option for people who need to use it on more than one PC but I have not followed up on it, yet.

In the meantime, for those who need to run it on more than one computer I have always offered a 2nd license at a much reduced cost. And, although my public policy is that I don't allow transfering licenses, I have always worked with those who ended up upgrading to a new machine.