Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New lab laser coming soon- tiny and 1 watt of 450nm BLUE

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock Mike View Post
    a 445 WILL die at 2 Amps -- been there 3 times

HMike
    are you gonna do this same testing with the 638 when you get it for us
    leading in trailing technology

My driver had a bit of an issue... I was doing 2.4A and my diode survived it without any obvious damage. (only on for about 20 seconds total). I had it in one of the diode mounts from dave, that may have helped, since it was well cooled.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    The module portion looks like one of the 50mw green modules that Aixiz sells... which gives me an idea...
    Its actually about half the length of the AixiZ 50Click image for larger version. 

Name:	450nm 1 watt labbie 009.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	19284-- AixiZ sells a 15mW green labby that has a non-anodized finish that is about the same size as this 450nm module heatsink.

I have more to add to my OP on this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	450nm 1 watt labbie 011.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	19283new labby but will post photos of the 50 green next to the new 450nm lab. btw the 15mW AixiZ green is overspec to about 50mWs and the 50mWs that I have are both over 110mWs.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	450nm 1 watt labbie 012.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	19282
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 09-03-2010 at 18:48.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    maybe it's like advertising a dpss green by the pump diode power.
    Rob- just finished looking at O-like's version of this same lab laser and they list it as 1 watt like I called it and they also say"...
    Current can be adjustable(increase current ,can be higher power )
    but suggest not >600mA considering of diode lifespan" end quote

So O-Likes is not recomended to run it over 600mWs-

there are 86 posts about it with no threadjacking-

it costs 7 $ more and ships for $25 in 2 to 4 weeks from China- if you try to find info on O-Likes site about returns(warranty) you get only 7 days to return and shipping is yours to pay each way.. This one I was 'attempting' to review in this thead ships out to USA locations from USA in just a few days. It came to me doing 355mWs and I have no doubt it would run at 600+mA with no probs.
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 09-03-2010 at 18:51.

a little more info and some more photos added to the OP.

ships quicker and cheaper that the O-Like - PM me for a link.

Im interested, when are these looking to ship?

thanks
    jason

Quote Originally Posted by f150trk21 View Post
    Im interested, when are these looking to ship?

thanks
    jason
    WELCOME to PL jason

Aixiz should have these in stock soon-- you can be on the list for an option to get on from the first batch of 25--they will email you when there are here- then if you still want one just pay AixiZ .

no binding commitment-

they will ship from Houston and generally they arrive to US locations in 4 or 5 Biz days--AixiZ has some of the best support in the biz. give me an email addy for you and I will fwd it to Chuck-- they will not be offered at his store or at his ebay for a while- and then he may go up in the price--I dont know-- for sure they will not go down. He like us to buy from his store instead of his ebay--less fee that way.

hak(Len)

Quote Originally Posted by robjdixon View Post
    No offence, but you can't advertise it as a 1W laser if putting it to 1W or anywhere near 1W voids the warranty

Rob
    thats exactly what O-like does with thiers.

The ones from Aixiz arrive in a few days- you have much more than 7 days to return and instead of 180$ and $25 to ship in 2 to 4 weeks from China...

Aixiz wants 165$ and a much lower shipping(may best GUESS is around 6 to 10$ to ship to the US) and to most US locations you would have it in just a few days. I asked Chuck about the warranty and he said that except if the module was abused he would honor it. I have heard dozens of stories about how nice Aixiz has been to anyone with a problem. The first batch of 25 units will be in Houston very soon. PM me if you want on the list to get one.
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 09-04-2010 at 06:04.

The new AixiZ 445nm TTL lab module(12 to 15 vdc) should be in Houston in about a week. To US locations they want only $5 to ship. So the total for the lab will be 170$--contact AixiZ.com and request an invoice for the 'Forum GB 445 lab special'. They usually ship the same or next day after paying for in-stock items. For your peticular application you can and may want to remove the ring in front and adjust the focus. The addition of a fan may be a good idea if you plan to increase the mAs. Of course a TEC would help even more, The loaner sent to me did not get hot at its preset, putting out 355mWs, after using for 5 min. during the taking of photos.

More tests and beam measurements will be done soon at higher mAs.

I will be happy to answer any question I can or fwd them to AixiZ if i can not.