Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New lab laser coming soon- tiny and 1 watt of 450nm BLUE

Default New lab laser coming soon- tiny and 1 watt of 450nm BLUE

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	450nm 1 watt labbie 006.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	19259got this prototypeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	450nm 1 watt labbie 002.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	19258 to try out- comes set to 300mWs but its pot modable all the way- has TTL modulation and another one coming may have analogue. can be ran continiousely Click image for larger version. 

Name:	450nm 1 watt labbie 001.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	19257at 12 vdc. Price $165, plus shipping-- shipped from USA.. has warranty if not modded. very tight beam and well focused. good HS-- and very small footprint.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	450nm 1 watt labbie 003.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	19256

EDIT- more of the review.This labby is very light weight less than 200grams
    the heatsink is only 50X30X33 mms the driver is in a plastic case that is only slightly larger.
    the lens can be focused but you need to remove the ring at the front.
    As it came to me the focus was a dot of 6.7 mm at 8 feet but started to elongate into a bar at 21feet)17 mm and at 32 feet the bar was 21mm. all these measurenments were taken at 350Mws.

Only real con I have is the blanking- while a flexmod could be used it would be nice if this one just came with analogue modulation- its being looked into.

I heard tonite that the first shipment of 25 units will be available soon.

the first and thrid photos below are of the laser at 32 feet- the second is at 8 feet and the forth is at 21 feet. The one on the bottom is of the AixiZ labby and a Jetlasers 150 mw green . a Dinod 50 mW green and a 100mW red from geareb. barely visible is a 6X 170mW BR.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 450nm 1 watt labbie 017.jpg  

450nm 1 watt labbie 014.jpg  

450nm 1 watt labbie 018.jpg  

450nm 1 watt labbie 015.jpg  

JetL detail and mirrrors n smoke 049.jpg  

Last edited by hakzaw1; 09-06-2010 at 22:51. Reason: added info and pix

this is the kit from o-like right?

Quote Originally Posted by laserwinkel View Post
    this is the kit from o-like right?
    thats not what i was told but it sure looks like it-- and at 181$ shipped to USA- o-like has the better deal --maybe they can get it in analogue modulation and at a lower price.

you got it from ebay i guess?
    the complete kit looks exactly the same as mine from o-like except the laser ring in the heatsink is gold with my set.

anyways if you would find a way to make it analogue please let it know
    that would make my blue laser shows much better

Just replace that driver with a Flexmod P3.. all you need to do is set up the Flexmod current settings and solder two wires.

OK--sorry.. I heard back form the one that will be offering these soon- I errored on the end price-- this version will be $165 plus minimal shipping- quick delivery as it wil be shipped frm US. An analogue version may be coming.

O-like wants 180$ plus $25 for shipping from China.

many companies get the driver cases and Heatsinks from the same China manufacturer. I think the way they did the driver will makes for better heat dissapation. While these are being assembled in China-- the sale and after-support is US based. I was told the driver was set to output 300mWs because that is what thet believe the Casio projector had the diodes set at. !00% warranty as long as it is left at that factory setting- but fully capable of much more.

I dont know how many units will be in the first shippment- this one was put in my hand to review(only two are here ATM) They will eventually be on Ebay but my guess is that the price will be a little higher there.

Pre-delivery sales can be arranged if anyone want to get in on the first batch-- just PM me and I can link you. Maybe if enough are wanted I MAY get to keep the sample!!! but ATM it is only on loan. more photos tonite

hak
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 09-03-2010 at 18:41.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

how is it considered a "1 watt" unit if it's set to 300mW and pot modding voids the warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	450nm 1 watt labbie 006.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	19259got this prototypeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	450nm 1 watt labbie 002.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	19258 to try out- comes set to 300mWs but its pot modable all the way- has TTL modulation and another one coming may have analogue. can be ran continiousely Click image for larger version. 

Name:	450nm 1 watt labbie 001.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	19257at 12 vdc. Price $165, plus shipping-- shipped from USA.. has warranty if not modded. very tight beam and well focused. good HS-- and very small footprint.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	450nm 1 watt labbie 003.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	19256
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    how is it considered a "1 watt" unit if it's set to 300mW and pot modding voids the warranty?
    good question--- it is well known that these diodes are robust- with proper additional cooling 1 watt afaik is not a problem. The seller thinks that Casio factory Spec has them set for around that for use in the projector and estimates 2, 000 hrs or moar-not sure atm. At 300mWs and no additional cooling they can run for hours non-stop and if it fails it will be replaced.

If however you set it a LOT higher --say 2 A then it may not last very long especially w/o additional cooling, like a fan or TEC. He has to draw the line somewhere-

O-like has thiers set to 600mWs-

This seller has an outstanding record when it comes to support and customer satisfation.

If i get to keep this sample it will go into my new projector projector (my first one) and I will for sure be increasing the mAs.

I think at that price this is still a good deal --all things considered.
    but thats just MHO. Time will tell.

plz let me know if there are any other questions----len
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 09-01-2010 at 12:17.

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    good question--- it is well know that these diodes are robust- with proper additional cooling 1 watt afaik is not a problem. The seller thinks that Casio factory Spec has them set for around that for use in the projector and estimates 2, 000 hrs or moar-not sure atm. At 300mWs and no additional cooling they can run for hours non-stop and if it fails it will be replaced.

No offence, but you can't advertise it as a 1W laser if putting it to 1W or anywhere near 1W voids the warranty

Rob

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

maybe it's like advertising a dpss green by the pump diode power.

Quote Originally Posted by robjdixon View Post
    No offence, but you can't advertise it as a 1W laser if putting it to 1W or anywhere near 1W voids the warranty

Rob
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.