Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted Pangolin Quickshow (used or new)

Default Wanted Pangolin FB3 or DAC to run Quickshow

Hi,

I would like to purchase the USB DAC or FB3 so I can use Pangolin Quickshow.
    I will not be making money with this unit and it only is for recreational usage I'm a student and will use this for my theater class (school has laser).
    I am ok with used, consignment, or whatever way Quickshow will work.
    I find the retail price prohibitive and phoenix, mamba, and mocha are so much less in price.

Thanks,
    D.
    Last edited by djdanmatthews; 09-01-2010 at 12:16. Reason: Wanted Pangolin FB3 or DAC to run Quickshow

you can download QS free from the pangolin web site
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Won't control any lasers with it tho.....

or something that doesn't function the same as the current software
    As far as lasers are concerned it doesn't function at all

Do you actually want to purchase a DAC and some software, or are you really just interested in a piece of software?

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Won't control any lasers with it tho.....

As far as lasers are concerned it doesn't function at all

Do you actually want to purchase a DAC and some software, or are you really just interested in a piece of software?
    I have the demo software I need the DAC (FB3 or something cheaper) to make it work with my laser

DJTRAXIMUS (from boards) was selling for $500 but he is now out of business.

What you need to do is keep an eye out for someone selling a FB3 second hand.

They do come up occassionally when people upgrade on here.

QS comes free with it and version 2.0 will be a free download.

I imagine 1 or 2 people may sell flashbacks when the Flashback QS becomes available - its a new version of the FB3 hardware and I believe is upgraded but couldn't tell you how.

However, it may be enough to persuade some people so market their older versions. You just need to watch this space.

Basically, you buy an FB3, you get all the software (LiveQuick, Quickshow, Showrider, etc) for free.

Owning any of the software already doesn't bring you any benefits over having to go out and by it. An FB3 will still cost you what it costs.

No other DAC will work with Quickshow.

If you want to use Pangolin software, you need to buy some Pangolin hardware.

DJ Traximus was an idiot (imho) who knew nothing about any of the products he claimed to sell. Certainly not enough to offer you any realistic support should you have required it. Pangolin withdrew his reseller status when they realised this.

Although the price may seem prohibitive, remember that you will get a reasonable chunk of that back should you decide to sell it - FB3's go for good money second hand, so it may not be worth waiting for one to come up on the market.

you need to change the title so people actually know what you want.

QS and fb3 are two completely different things
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Actually presently the Pangolin product called "Quickshow" is a complete package that includes both the FB3 DAC and the Quickshow software..

Unfortunately I have yet to see a used FB3 sold for much less than 10% off the new price (if that).. it's a great piece of hardware that retains it's value.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    Actually presently the Pangolin product called "Quickshow" is a complete package that includes both the FB3 DAC and the Quickshow software..

Unfortunately I have yet to see a used FB3 sold for much less than 10% off the new price (if that).. it's a great piece of hardware that retains it's value.
    Where can I find it for 10% off?

Retail is $500-575. 10% off of 500 is $442.50+Shipping which is the same cost as Mocha Pro and Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post

fair enough .
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat