Thread: Converted Maxy

Default Converted Maxy 445nm 1.2W

Hi all, I have a converted Maxy that I've been testing. I don't think I have any use for it anymore so I'd like to see if anyone is interested in it. I currently have it sitting on 2 TEC's on a heat sink. The TEC's really aren't necessary, it was something I was experimenting with and I'll include them just as shown in the pic. There are two wall-warts, one for the laser and one for the TEC's, if you run the TEC's you'll need to have a little airflow for the heat sink as they get very hot! There is currently a POT on the modulation input so you can easily ramp it up to full current. Current to the diode is set for 1.23A and it's delivering about the same value in power.

I don't know, I'm thinking around $150 OBO, plus shipping? 10% of the selling price will be donated to PL.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01493.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	19095Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01494.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	19096
    Last edited by DZ; 09-02-2010 at 09:47.

As much as I hate 'bumping' threads. I've updated the price. Would even take a trade for something. In particular, I'm looking for a pointer. Shhh, don't tell anyone I said that!

Lightbulb

Hey Dave, I'll take that beast. I might have something in the box Mike gave me at SELEM that could qualify as a pointer...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin