Thread: WTB: dichro for mixing 635 nm with 660 nm

Default WTB: dichro for mixing 635 nm with 660 nm

Think there was a group buy on these some time ago, anyone want to part with one or have a source they could suggest?

Thanks
    leading in trailing technology

John-

i have one (laserwave one, not semrock). be aware, they are EXTREMELY angle dependent. if you look at them wrong off of 45 degrees, efficiency is drastically reduced. I am walking out the door now, but shoot me a PM and ill give ya a price.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Think there was a group buy on these some time ago, anyone want to part with one or have a source they could suggest?

Thanks
    Hi, the group buy was for the 'Semrock' dichro. I believe that Semrock are still able to supply these if you contact them directly. However, they are quite expensive.

I bought one in the group buy and almost sold it. Then I decided to put it to use in my projector. It's currently combining a Laserwave ~300mW 342nm and a Dual Maxyzmodule ~400mW 660nm, the resulting colour is a beautiful mix which I think adds a real richness to the colour pallette.

However, as Marc rightly states, these dichro's are *very* angle dependant. So much so that it may be necessary to mount your lasers at a peculiar angle inside your projector to be able to acheive just the right angle of incidence. Half a degree off either way and the losses are unimaginable.

Rob (Stanwax) rebuilt my projector and I know he spent forever trying to get it correct. Obviously, he eventually managed it and the results are, in my opinion, extremely worthwhile.

I'm not sure if the Laserwave dichro will be the same, but i'm pretty sure it will be due to the close proximity of the wavelengths you're trying to combine.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Just a bump looking for a dichro to accomplish this combination. Sent Marc a PM again as well, the first time we discussed it I didn;t end up purchasing, but now I really want to clean up beam size and get away from my quad knife/pbs and try something new. I am using the 150mw 642's that have a real nice beam and 660 Loc's. Thinking i'll PBS a pair of each then combine with dichro to get a good beam.

Located.... Thanks Marc! and even a special black friday price!

John