Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New- Zealand laserists are you alright??????

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pitts View Post
    Hi Guys,Where Wendy and I live is in the North Island so we are all good and safe although as we do live on a volcanic field who knows ???

Cheers

Ray
    Glad to hear you are all good Ray! Be Safe!
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

This earthquake, actual several in months looks like Christchurch and it's historic building are finished. Kiwis are like Aussies, very resilient and I know they will rebuild and move forward.

Christchurch is/was a lovely City and the people very nice. I was there in 1985.

I wish you well Ray.
    This space for rent.

Thanks for you thoughts guys,
    We are all fine in the North Island and even in Christchurch there are parts back up and running relatively well .
    The death toll is now 160 and expected to reach about 240.

It has been amazing how quickly the expert help got here from all over the world.
    As any Kiwi or Aussie will tell you we scrap like big brother little brother but when the chips are down we are there for each other. We helped them this year with their floods and fires they were here in an instant after the earthquake.
    In addition we have UK, USA, Japanese all here helping with their Urban rescue teams.

This is very appreciated by all of NZ and of course the people down south. This is so serious it will take years to fix and some things will now be lost to history.
    Christchurch was really NZ's "European history" city much of which has now gone.

They continue to have after shocks every day.
    What many around the world may not realise is this one that killed these people was in fact an after shock (6.1) from a stronger quake some months prior (7.3) .. the difference was that this one was shallow at only 5km and it was in the middle of the day when everyone was at work. Some buildings just pancacked like the San Fancisco one with the freeways.

Anyway once again thanks for the concern guys..

Cheers

Ray
    NZ

Thanks for you thoughts guys,

As any Kiwi or Aussie will tell you we scrap like big brother little brother but when the chips are down we are there for each other. We helped them this year with their floods and fires they were here in an instant after the earthquake.
    Hi Ray, we only came to pick up some cheep sheep!

This space for rent.

A rude Kiwi might say "do you want a Gumboot with that sheep sir !!"

Luckily I am too polite to indulge in such lowly activity.

ps that will probably have our US mates guessing a bit !!

Smile

A rude Kiwi might say "do you want a Gumboot with that sheep sir !!"
    <snip>
    ps that will probably have our US mates guessing a bit !!
    You put the oversize rubber boots on, then you put the back legs of the sheep inside the boots, and then you do the nasty...

How did I learn about this? Once knew a guy that lived in Colorado on a sheep farm, and he told basically the same joke. (Well, in his version, it was oversize cowboy boots, and he also added velcro gloves to hold on to the sheep!) I'd like to think it was a joke, anyway...

Adam