Thread: Website feedback

Default Website feedback

I am looking for feedback on my just published website, please guys take a look and evaluate it on anything that you think is wrong or right about it so I can make changes to make this website as effective as possible on the enternet WWW.GODSLIGHTSHOWS.COM
    Anything,anything at all, I would be most greatfull. Don't hesitate or worry a but any brusing words, I asked for this, be as red lined as you whant to be!
    Thank you for your feedback,
    Emory
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Sorry but the website layout looks very outdated.. especially the "E-Mail" gif images, reminds me of AOL 1995. Also, when I click a page, the actual website header just says then name and not God's light shows. For example, when I press "Services" it would look much better if it said "GodsLightShows.com - Services". Also, the services page looks very cluttered as well. I really don't like the layout of the website overall, it's not made for easy reading. There is much room for improvement. Did you build this site yourself using HTML or a Builder?
    - instinct

Asshole Mode Activated....

Everything instinct said... I noticed the same without reading his post. Your text is just okay but you need to work on SEO and your paragraph spacing is all fucked up,,, at least on firefox. PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES! If you want to sell your services, you NEED more pictures of your shows and capabilities. Pricing.... Not hell no... FUCK NO!!! Every job you EVER do should be quoted. A. You will make more money. B. You won't piss off the pro's. Let's start there...

Asshole Mode Deactivated...

I'm sure you can do better. I am hypercritical about websites since I've been in that business for many years. Try a little harder and post your corrections.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    Sorry but the website layout looks very outdated.. especially the "E-Mail" gif images, reminds me of AOL 1995. Also, when I click a page, the actual website header just says then name and not God's light shows. For example, when I press "Services" it would look much better if it said "GodsLightShows.com - Services". Also, the services page looks very cluttered as well. I really don't like the layout of the website overall, it's not made for easy reading. There is much room for improvement. Did you build this site yourself using HTML or a Builder?
    Thank you for you feedback, This website is that INTUITWEBESITE BUILDER that has been advertising on the boob tube, they claim not to be your typical cookie cutter web site like "GO DADDY.com", well I have never done this befor and this was my first time building my own web site. I guess that shows, It's painfully obvious! Hens the feedback request. I do not know what the term HTML means. They have a very limited selection for the E-mail gif's and selected the ones that would draw the most attention (motion).
    I will take your rerecomendations and apply them to the site.
    Thank you for your feedback, and any more feedback is welcome!
    Emory

Default Asshole mode Activated...

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Asshole Mode Activated....

Everything instinct said... I noticed the same without reading his post. Your text is just okay but you need to work on SEO and your paragraph spacing is all fucked up,,, at least on firefox. PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES! If you want to sell your services, you NEED more pictures of your shows and capabilities. Pricing.... Not hell no... FUCK NO!!! Every job you EVER do should be quoted. A. You will make more money. B. You won't piss off the pro's. Let's start there...

Asshole Mode Deactivated...

I'm sure you can do better. I am hypercritical about websites since I've been in that business for many years. Try a little harder and post your corrections.
    Adam
    @ Adam "300EVIL", I have met you in person at the SELEM event and I did not deam you a asshole then and don't deam you one now, Great feed back! Thanks!
    I do local advertising only paid for by the sponcers, I go from site to site projecting on some wall or portable screen. I through some entertainment in between all the ad like shows to keep it interesting to the public that might be watching, average showing is 30 - 45 minets long and I pack up the small amount of equipment and head out to the next location, right now only 4 shows a night 3 nights a month.
    I wanted to reach out to more sponcers so I can grow and maybe make more than breaking even. I tryed to reflect that in my pricing along with doing entertainment shows, I was not trying to show that I am cheaper than other laser show companys, I can't even begin to compete with them any way.
    I have a small 500mw RGB, 13' tripod, laptop, a portable projection screen also teliscopes to 13' , and a pangolin intro system. All of it fits into my car for transport to the next projection site. At this time I advertise for a Accedent injury lawyer, a Auto repair shop, a Car dealership, and a Resturant, all small business whitch is my target market at this time.
    I certianly hope to be big enough some day to do bigger gigs. As for pictures and videos I am trying to upload the limited few I have, can't seem to get the quality vids like other laser show web sites have, to be uploaded onto my site so I asked Aaron "ALLTHATWITCHIS" to recored my best module and convertit it to down loadable file so I could post it on my website, It's better than what I was able to due by far, but still, It's not the quality it needs to be to sell my services.
    What is "SEO"? The paragragh spacing is beyond my control as it is cookie cutter website builder, I did try to fix that clutterd mess but it would insist to space and placing where it wanted to regardles. It is $6.00 monthly fee and aparently I am getting what I am paying for!
    I am dissapointed in the website and what I can do with It. I am considering having it done profesionaly, If I can swing it with the break even funds.
    Any suggestions and recomendations are welcome!
    Thank you for your input,
    Emory

Quote Originally Posted by beamann View Post
    It is $6.00 monthly fee and aparently I am getting what I am paying for!
    Get yourself a 15 buck/month hosting account somewhere, grab either a free template or a template monster template, fill in the blanks and pics, upload it and its database to your host, and you're set to go.

A "cookie cutter" template of some sort would be better than what you have.

What you have isn't worth .06/month. That's not meant as an insult towards you Emory, but more of an insult towards intuit.

I'm sure GoDaddy.com and 1and1.com have much better website builders. I kind of disagree with 300Evil about putting prices on the site, because many people are lazy, don't feel like calling/emailing, or just don't like communicating with people so they might choose another option instead. Then again, this would be someone looking for something very specific and probably won't be a problem. I am guilty of this myself. For example, I was looking for storage units in my area, and the websites didn't have prices listed on them, I didn't even bother to call, because there were so many other options.
    - instinct

Default yes me to

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    I'm sure GoDaddy.com and 1and1.com have much better website builders. I kind of disagree with 300Evil about putting prices on the site, because many people are lazy, don't feel like calling/emailing, or just don't like communicating with people so they might choose another option instead. Then again, this would be someone looking for something very specific and probably won't be a problem. I am guilty of this myself. For example, I was looking for storage units in my area, and the websites didn't have prices listed on them, I didn't even bother to call, because there were so many other options.
    @instinct,
    I feel if a website and or vender, If they can't show their prices, they have somthing to hide.
    any details that make a final price difference can be discused when placing an order. I gusse they feel they have to have you on the phone to justify thair product and services, the advertisment dos'nt stand on it's own.
    When I find places like this it makes me made and I look some were else and I always find what I am looking for, all they had to do was give me some idea of a estemate of costs and I would have called or e-maild to find out more.
    Thanks for your feedback guy, it was GREAT to hear that I am not the only one.

Talking 15 BUCK

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    Get yourself a 15 buck/month hosting account somewhere, grab either a free template or a template monster template, fill in the blanks and pics, upload it and its database to your host, and you're set to go.

A "cookie cutter" template of some sort would be better than what you have.

What you have isn't worth .06/month. That's not meant as an insult towards you Emory, but more of an insult towards intuit.
    No insult taken, I asked for this to better the website, and I agree that the $0.06 would be over priced!!!!
    Thanks for your feedback, keep'em comming, GREAT FOOD at SELEM thank you for that as well.