Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 445nm Lens of for module

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    What dimensions does the beam have after it passed the lens ?
    Is it like 4x4mm ? Smaller ? larger ?
    I get 4.5mm X 1mm.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Guess we will see then..
    As long as you are comparing the half-threaded assemblies, the o-like lens and the aixiz lens are identical.

Aixiz had a bunch of full-threaded "405-445nm" lenses that had SERIOUS coating issues.. actually Aixiz accidentally shipped a bunch of red-coated lenses as blue at first, and then once they got that sorted it was found that the full-threaded blue-coated lens assemblies were extremely inconsistent.

The half-threaded lenses have remained the same throughout all of that, though, so the two (o-like and aixiz) are identical according to my (and others) tests. I won't even use the full-threaded assemblies myself..

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    What dimensions does the beam have after it passed the lens ?
    Is it like 4x4mm ? Smaller ? larger ?
    are you asking me to measure the beam on the aixiz 445 labby or just any aixiz 445 glass FT lens? Hopefully others will meaure and share that-- I will try . back later.(prolly seeing yellow spots everywhere lol)

Yeah, well I ordered the half thread lenses from aixiz, and I got full thread rubbish.

Juwst did some tests, these compared to the o-like half threads, to aixiz full threads, and the o-like half threads win hands down. 450ma, 325mw for the o-like, 270mw for the aixiz full thread...

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    As long as you are comparing the half-threaded assemblies, the o-like lens and the aixiz lens are identical.

Aixiz had a bunch of full-threaded "405-445nm" lenses that had SERIOUS coating issues.. actually Aixiz accidentally shipped a bunch of red-coated lenses as blue at first, and then once they got that sorted it was found that the full-threaded blue-coated lens assemblies were extremely inconsistent.

The half-threaded lenses have remained the same throughout all of that, though, so the two (o-like and aixiz) are identical according to my (and others) tests. I won't even use the full-threaded assemblies myself..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Juwst did some tests, these compared to the o-like half threads, to aixiz full threads, and the o-like half threads win hands down. 450ma, 325mw for the o-like, 270mw for the aixiz full thread...
    Do o-like halfthreads fit your mounts?

Yeah, both the aixiz and o-like fit the mounts, but the o-like have the advantage of the o-ring to hold the lens in place nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyen View Post
    Do o-like halfthreads fit your mounts?
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I ran some comparative tests, see here:

http://redlum.xohp.pagesperso-orange...amshaping.html

I have a quick question about the lenses for the 445nm.

I JUST got done hooking up my first 445nm to my first Flexmod set at about 900mA and it actually works!!

I'm just using the "stock" Aixiz lens and the output was bright but the "dot" was a line about 4 inches long by 1 inch thick from about 6 feet away.

Would the lens be the cause?

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    I have a quick question about the lenses for the 445nm.

I JUST got done hooking up my first 445nm to my first Flexmod set at about 900mA and it actually works!!

I'm just using the "stock" Aixiz lens and the output was bright but the "dot" was a line about 4 inches long by 1 inch thick from about 6 feet away.

Would the lens be the cause?
    The stock plastic lens shouldn't be run at that power level. You need the glass lens you will melt it bacd esp it the one with the pin hole. If you pull it off you'll see melted plastic if it is the black pin hole plastic one.

Odd though i thought i got better adjustment out of the standard lens when i used it. That it the smallest it is able to focus?
    leading in trailing technology

I'll have to give it a shot with the glass lens once I find a better heat sink for the Flexmod and see what I can get.