Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 445nm Lens of for module

Default 445nm Lens of for module

Anyone have any of the new Aixiz 445nm lens mounted and ready to screw into a module? Do not see them on the store site and need a couple ASAP
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    So this is the "New " lens everyone is talking about that works pretty well? Just thought is was specifically built for 445nm from what I have read.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by wondertwnz View Post
    So this is the "New " lens everyone is talking about that works pretty well? Just thought is was specifically built for 445nm from what I have read.
    Larry
    You may want to look into the o-likes if your going for a single lens solution.
    leading in trailing technology

The "word on the street" is that aixiz had some specially coated for 405-445nm after these diodes became commonly available. I don't know how much truth there is to that since I have some of those lenses bought from Aixiz before these 445nm diodes were around (sold as 405nm "UV" lenses) and a few bought afterwards and they perform identically. They are cheaper from o-like, but they are identical assemblies. They work very well with the current commonly available 445nm diodes, giving the best beam quality out of all the lenses I've tried. I've been getting 1.6-1.8 mrad on the fast axis by .16 mrad on the slow axis. Other lenses will get you more power, like the lens27 and 405-G-1, but from what I've seen the extra power comes at the expense of a lousy far-field beam profile.

I sell the aiiz glass full thread lens for 10$ plus 2.50 for ship and PP fees. have sold 100 to happy peeps. so far... len

edit-----EF has it right ---and- I did get 5 returned today and already replaced with 5 that were much better. The QC at the lens maker end has obviously been dismal. I dont unwrap and inspect most of the ones that went thru me and even with my handheld microscope (RS) I cant see anything that tells me it is bad. I can't put each one on a diode and do a test at my tiny mark-up.

I can only tell if its for red or b/br by the tint on the face of the exposed elements.

So if anybody got one from me that is not right plz PM me and it will be replaced. I'm sure AixiZ lost on them- whatever mark-up they had( I sure did) , the many free replacements and shipping for all that extras work prolly canceled that out.

Hope they make use/learn from the great, free, and professional evaluations that came with each of the five returnees. good feedback - thanks 'J.'.... Aixiz , I think, is/should be working on a better lens or a better maker ---or both.
    ps AixiZ sez they are trying to get the 445 module w/analogue Mod. soon. I suggested they make them with the p3 flex. But whatever driver the use... Not likely they will still be 165$ tho. I am going to try adjusting the focus on it tonite. A ring must be removed to get access to the lens. Way to big and elongated(horizontal bar) at 10M.
    will add to what happens on the GBthread on it. I will try to measure the beam width at 1 mm but even with goggles and at 'only' an output of 355 mWs I see yellow spots for hours every time I use 445 lasers. I have an old mans eyes.
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 09-09-2010 at 09:51. Reason: added info

I just got a few o-like lenses today, so Ill pt them up against the aixiz lenses, and see who the winner is
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

tie--same lens IMO

What dimensions does the beam have after it passed the lens ?
    Is it like 4x4mm ? Smaller ? larger ?
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    tie--same lens IMO
    Guess we will see then..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/