Thread: 200m 532nm

Default 200m 532nm

Hi,
    I am looking for a 200mw 532m laser, the only requirement is that it needs to have analog modulation and not jellybean too bad. Smaller the better

http://cgi.ebay.com/150MW-Green-Lase...item35abb898ea

not qite 200 but some of the guys on LPF have been getting 200+mw ones... worth a shot for the price

I bought one of those (or at least, one with a power supply and head that look identical) earlier this year. It was the most phenomenally shoddy pieces of hardware I've ever seen. It seemed to be packed reasonably well, but every screw was stripped when I received it, the fan in the PSU made an unpleasant noise all along and died after a few dozen hours of operation, and it was in fact TTL on-off modulated, not analog.

I have one that is analog and it works pretty good so far. Granted, it hasn't seen much use other than some quick and dirty testing of the analog function.

That being said, I'm considering getting another and combining them through a pbs and I haven't even mounted the first one yet. I mean, it's only $100 so while they may not stand toe to toe with the top of the line 532nm units, they do let us newbies get going without too much hate mail from the bank.

The closest thing I've seen to a bad review of them so far has been mention of them putting out ONLY 200+mw after installing an IR filter.