Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Case #4

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    The problem with capturing with a camera and then tracing is that if the capture framerate is too high you end up with split frames or maybe even parts of the same frame captured more than once. If the capture rate is too slow you might capture more than one frame at once. Consider what happens when two frames are captured during a single exposure. There is a definite order to the frames but the trace software won't know that. It may end up creating an ILDA file that draws the beginning of Frame 2 before the end of Frame 1. Or may it interlace portions of each. Although you would still perceive some sense of animation when playing it back through a laser projector, it would not be as fluid if captured correctly.

I don't know anything about the software mentioned in #4 to even guess how it was done but I do know that a programmer has a lot of tools at their disposal to steal the frames long before they are displayed on the screen or on a wall. My bet would be that they were stolen through some software hack that let them grab the ILDA stream.
    again LC-ADAT works exactly what you are describing wont work... its a series of broken looking ILDA frames that turn into an animation that looks like the original captured ADAT "audio"

How does it solve the problem of not drawing frame #2 before frame #1?

After a quick Google I found out it doesn't because it doesn't have to. When capturing from ADAT, the data stream is already ordered. It doesn't matter when the start or end of a frame is. The video problem I present is a significantly different problem. Draw a picture on a piece of paper. Then draw another picture on top of it. Then give it to someone and have them tell you which picture should be drawn first. It would be impossible to tell.

The LC-DAT scenario is more like two pictures drawn ontop of each other but in connect the dot fashion and the numbers are still printed on the picture. Putting the image back in the correct order is a no brainer.

So does anyone know the mystery software of case #4, or is it taboo to talk of it?
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    After a quick Google I found out it doesn't because it doesn't have to. When capturing from ADAT, the data stream is already ordered. It doesn't matter when the start or end of a frame is. The video problem I present is a significantly different problem. Draw a picture on a piece of paper. Then draw another picture on top of it. Then give it to someone and have them tell you which picture should be drawn first. It would be impossible to tell.

The LC-DAT scenario is more like two pictures drawn ontop of each other but in connect the dot fashion and the numbers are still printed on the picture. Putting the image back in the correct order is a no brainer.
    ah I see what you are saying now... still, you could compare the previous and next frames and extrapolate where the line should start/end by figuring what you had in the middle and where it started from and will be going