Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LaserFX - Hobby Hazer

a cheap smoker will cost u less than this will pluss you have a few benifits.

1. it will not catch fire !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. this uses turps to make fog yuk, bad smell, toxic, greasy

3. U wont electricute yourself

Note i love diy but sometimes it isnt worth it.

P.S. turps near it flashpointwill burn VERY rapidly once ignighted. (think petrol)

it doesnt use turps,

all hazers are oil based.. Much better than fog machines, as the haze stayes in the air longer..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

We have had great remarks from our setup as there is no smell or burning eyes or noses. It is a 1 Kw smoker and we use food grade glycerin and demineralized water. Totally non-toxic! 8 oz. per gallon of H2O does very well and the fog acts very much as a hazer without the high costs.
    Just my .02
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

what is a "smoker"???? Any Links??
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Default Fogger vs hazer

Can hazers use the same glycerin-based fluids that fog machines use?

I always thought that hazers were in a class by themselves, both because they produced such small particles and because they used special fluid?

I've got two fog machines. One produces a thick fog that really isn't very good for lasers. (It's OK once it gets mixed up a bit, but when it first comes out of the unit the fog is quite opaque.) The other one (a chauvet unit) produces a fine fog that works very well for laser shows, but the particles don't hang around for long. (5 min tops)

I've been told that a good hazer can fog up a room in about 10 minutes, and the fog will last about 45 minutes. Supposedly the particles are so small that you can breath the fog and the particles will not get trapped by your lungs... You just exhale them again! Not sure if that's actually true or not though.

I do know that the particles from my fog machines can sometimes cause discomfort for people that have asthma. It doesn't bother me, but I have had a few people at the house that said the fog bothered them.

I'm wondering if the "hobby hazer" is better than a standard fog machine? And how does it compare to a regular hazer?

In principle, I'd be willing to spend a couple hundred bucks to get a hazer, assuming that the fluid woulnd't be prohibitively expensive.

I've never even heard of a "smoker"... What's that?

Adam

It is fog machine......probably made in the late 90's. I picked it up at a halloween party store for $25....new in box. It does surprise you with the intense fog it will put out and has a very long hang time with the formula I had found. Two of these would do a large basement just fine......extremely dense fog in around 10 minutes.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

nope - hazers use oil based liquid

there are two types

1. heater type (same theory as the one on laserfx) (heat to vapourise then cool)

2. splitter type (uses high presure air/gas to atomise oil particles through a simple nozzle)

Hazers do tend to "hang" in the air longer the reason being smaller particles sink slower and also a good hazer will pass through the ventillation system.
    (good if the venues ventilation system recycles air, pointless if it doesnt)