Thread: Searching for ILDA file format specification for format codes 4 and 5

Default Searching for ILDA file format specification for format codes 4 and 5

If you have a copy of the ILDA file format specification for format codes 4 and 5, I would appreciate it if you could send me a copy. Best regards, weartronics

I don't know about a copy of the standard (which has all sorts of copyright issues), but Zilda has a format 4 and 5 loader that is fairly straight forward to follow if you know C++ and QT.

Source is available from google code, and if you are prepared to ship under GPL3 you could lift it wholesale, otherwise a rewrite is not exactly hard.

Regards, Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by DMills View Post
    I don't know about a copy of the standard (which has all sorts of copyright issues), but Zilda has a format 4 and 5 loader that is fairly straight forward to follow if you know C++ and QT.
    Thanks for the tip about Zilda, I wasn't aware of this software until now.

Truth be told, I already reverse-engineered formats 4 and 5 based on the files I needed to read and header similarities with the earlier format codes. But I really want to check compliance against the standard, not just one particular implementation.

What is the reasoning behind the unpublished standard, hidden from non-members? This really discourages acceptance and invites broken implementations.

Yea, going to the standard helps avoiding propagation of bugs into multiple implementations.

I would note that there has already been at least one implementation of 4/5 that got the order of the colour bytes backward compared to the standard.

Regards, Dan.

OK, I was able to get a copy of the standard, thank you.