Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any ham radio operators on PL?

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    Wow, that's seriously old school! It would be awesome to see those dials and filaments light up again. I've always liked tube gear, especially really well-restored antiques.
    Yeah! Pretty neat huh? Freakin filthy too! Yeah I like tube stuff too. Unfortunately this thing requires a power supply the same size as the receiver. It's gonna get shelved for now but should be an interesting project.

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Default Cq cq cqdx

AC5AK Always Chasing Five Australian Kangaroos
    Love the HF stuff since way back when some folks used the sweep tubes for Television (6LX6) to warm the chicken band up! Got a Kenwood set up Tri-band beams on a crank up tower all collecting dust since this laser fetish.
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

No room for both, eh? Life can be cruel that way.. I stopped being active and let my license expire for the same reasons.. Now I have to take the exam again, but that's no problem.. I'm in the middle of trying to find a location to take it, but I've been having difficulty.. seems like none of tha VEs around me are active currently, or they've moved or died.. as soon as I find a location and a time I'll be there. That was why I picked one of these up.. found my 'lil mirage dual-band amp. Starting very basic.. my problem is I don't really have the money for both hobbies, but I'm a bit over being a gear hound with the radio stuff. I think it would be cool just to talk and see what i could do with just the HT and amp.

I use mostly 2m

N7LXZ

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by ljk View Post
    I use mostly 2m

N7LXZ
    I used hit 7 land on that Zia Link a few years back. I'm in El Paso,TX and would go all the to S.California on that link with just a baby handi-talkie. I miss that thing esp.getting into Phoenix. Hi Neighbor!
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

PP8BCA here...

Let my license expire a few years ago... worked a lot of DX on 28 and 50MHz...
    on 28 with a custom double dipole and 50 mhz DIY 6 el yagi... (50mhz locator was FI96XV)
    Radio was a portable FT100 HF+V+U Rig.

I worked more than 100 countries with this humble setup!

Somebody from PL?

73īs

This is an old thread, but I'm posting anyway .

KD8NRY here. Mostly satellite/LEO/digital stuff these days.

-73 to 'yaz

I'm putting up my 4 site voted 2M repeater soon to replace my "temporary" repeater (which was installed like 4~5 years ago lol)