Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Other Addicting Hobbies: Drag Racing! with Steve Roberts...

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    Hey wait a second- Karmann Gia sounds kinda like "car man Gary", did I connect the dots?
    Cool ride
    This was my daily driver when I was in the USN in San Diego:
    http://members.cox.net/mnorth1a/
    It could do 13 flat in the 1/4 mile, but unfortunately I sold it about 7 years ago (cop magnet, money pit) I knew every bolt on that thing, it was made from a combination of no less than 4 parts cars. I was addicted/obsessed with that thing.
    -Mike
    Yea, that's where the name carmangary came from.

That 68 Firebird brings back memories. My friend had one of those and it was a fun car.

This may not be new to some but it might be for others...

http://www.vadriven.com/forums/archi...p?t-16447.html

I can't think of anything that compares to seeing a top fuel dragster in person.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post

I can't think of anything that compares to seeing a top fuel dragster in person.
    SR71 blackbird.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

I missed my yearly dose of nitro fumes this year. Kinda brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

I worked on several drag cars in my past. A pic of a Super Comp car I worked on. I hand built everything from the windshield forward. 67 Cougar with a injected methanol 427 side oiler.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lfcat.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	291.5 KB 
ID:	19475

Gene

Did you all (SELEM attendees) see my bad ass station wagon at SELEM? I gave ireedz a ride. I know he was impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post

Probably not. But, I've been behind the throttles of a Nuclear Powered ship. They don't exactly move fast but there's nothing quite like throwing it in full reverse from a flank bell and creating your own personal earthquake. Buffo, did those subs shake and rattle from flank to back full? Or were you guys even allowed to make that much noise?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Did you all (SELEM attendees) see my bad ass station wagon at SELEM? I gave ireedz a ride. I know he was impressed.
    I was impressed. Who wouldn't be impressed with the power of that 260 V-8 engine? It is a real sleeper.

Default Drag Racing and Cars

Don't know ANYTHING about it, but I enjoy watching drag racing.....I also like car shows.....all those cars all tricked out and shiny. Very cool.

Default Nice car

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    Hey wait a second- Karmann Gia sounds kinda like "car man Gary", did I connect the dots?
    Cool ride
    This was my daily driver when I was in the USN in San Diego:
    http://members.cox.net/mnorth1a/
    It could do 13 flat in the 1/4 mile, but unfortunately I sold it about 7 years ago (cop magnet, money pit) I knew every bolt on that thing, it was made from a combination of no less than 4 parts cars. I was addicted/obsessed with that thing.
    -Mike
    Very nice car. I had a 1968 black Pontiac GTO. Loved that car, but to be honest it scared the hell out of me. . . no power steering, handled like a truck, but sure was fast and the girls all liked it. By the way I bought it new so I assume I am a "bit" older than you.

Yes- goats are wicked. My brother had a '66, it just looked mean. I met Jim Wangers at a Pontiac show one time. I was 22 in 1992 when I bought my Bird, so I'm getting there
    My uncle has a '67 Malibu convertible that he bought new, and he STILL has it! AND he is a mechanic by trade...
    -Mike