Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 445nm split and recombine beam?

ok-

i love all you guys and please, for the love of god, sit back and *REALLY* think about what im about ot say...

What you guys are talking about are "problems" that exist to *NOBODY* on the face of this big blue planet except you laserists who try to perfect things that cant (and dont need to be) perfected. LOL.

Come on guys. are we *really* expending this much time, money, effort, headaches and "research" into 4mm vs. 5mm vs round beam vs. square beam vs. "blueish halo" or "reddish halo" vs. 1.2mrad vs. 1.8mrad vs. who knows what else.

1) 445 vs. 473- NOBODY knows the difference.....except a few of us (us meaning laserists in the know) between the 2.

2) round beam vs. square beam- Almost damn near impossible to notice or see or have *ANY* idea of unless you project a stationary blue beam for an extended period of time and draw EVERYONES attention to it and point it out. In which case, that makes a pretty boring lase show in itself.

3) 3mm vs. 4mm. vs. 5mm or whatever- Again, who notices? who cares? (other than all of us ding dongs here trying to re-invent the wheel)

4) We are *laserists* who are paid (for the most part) to perform shows and provide an entertainment media to an audience. has *ANYONE* in the history of the galaxy and universe and time and space *EVER* have a client or audience member or guest or nightclub or ANYONE say, "Hmmmm....pretty good laser show, but did you see the size of that blue laser beam? it was square and not round!" Or, "Can you believe that crappy laser show we just saw, the white beam had a blue-ish halo around it."

5) the majority of the "issues" of these 445 diodes exist when projecting a stationary non moving beam at large distances. when does this EVER come into play during a laser show?

Sorry, maybe im a "realist" and not a perfectionist. i make shows and equipment to please the people that are going to be watching and paying for my shows. It seems like the only reason why some of this 445 argument comes into play is to try and see who can come up with a magical solution and post it here. It really poses no "real world" achivement to come up with some of the solutions being sought after.

Sure, if it was a simple lens solution to magically make things all better, GREAT. but it obviously isnt going to happen.

get a 445 diode throw a lens in front of it. Clean it up a little bit and do some shows. TRUST ME, the only people who know anything otherwise is people on this forum. And even then, its a few and far between.

Sorry, lol...not degrading anyone or saying your dumb or anything obviously. I just cant for the life of me figure out why this is turning into such a HUGE project. Guys...we have multi-watt blue lasers for the same cost as a night out on the town with a hot chick! LOL. where as before 200mw of blue costs as much as most of our first cars.

then we had problems with the blue dpss "noise" and instabilitys.

Sorry, just my 2 cents. I just did a show for over 2000 people and had the owner literally trying to kiss me afterwards becasue he had so much positive feedback for the display. that was with 2W of 445. and it looked FOOKING beautiful!!!!!!!!

im pleased with the people i am trying to impress. Square 445 beams at 5mm.....Keep em coming baaaaby!!!

Love y'all.....

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

like I was saying before, I could stack several un-corrected 445nm beams and still not reach the size of my 650nm beams, and nobody said "man look at those giant beams" when 5W of RRGBB was flying around the room at SELEM

that being said, if you want to concentrate 100% on graphics shows AND have tight red/green lasers (dual LOC's and some low power nice beam DPSS) then you could easily run one of these 445's @ 1.2~W and put it on a pinhole, then bam, done, nice tight beams all around and probably like ~1+W total white output, which is NOT bad for a graphics projector for most purposes

AMEN!!!

Hallelujah!!!!

Woooo freakin Hoooo!!!!
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

Authorized Dealer for:

• X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    nobody said "man look at those giant beams" when 5W of RRGBB was flying around the room at SELEM
    Hmm I think I remember you bitching about it (just cause i saw em at the store already)
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Hmm I think I remember you bitching about it (just cause i saw em at the store already)
    what kind of laserist would I be if I didn't bitch about diode beams? lol

some day I can look forward to winning the lotto and making a stupid nice OPSL projector

Most of my concern was trying to get the beam small enough to not spill off the scanner mirrors.

Rather than look at all the pictures people post with a ruler measuring a big long blue spot on the wall, I should just get my butt in gear and start building and see what happens.

I guess bottom line of this thread is either live with a big beam or the pinhole trick.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Gene

What a great thread! Sometimes we look to far into our own navels and makes too few alu/brass chips and coherent photons...not to mention finsihed shows!
    Thanks gottaluvlasers for making me laugh at your funny rant!

LOL-

welcome. And i re-read it and my apologies if people thought i was "attacking" them or anything. I sometimes type how my mind is trying to think.

Gene- your idea is excellent in theory. it seriously is. And ALL the ideas i have seen are excellent. It just seem like people are DRASTICALLY overthinking all of this.

the bottom line (in my experience and my history of doing shows) is 99.9% of the "problems" we have with certain types of lasers and the way the work are *ONLY* problems and issues with us talking about them on this forum. Or all of us looking at each others shows and projectors at SELEM. Other than those 2 situations, these "problems" pose *NO* visible or real world problems to ANYONE at ANY of our shows!!!

To be quite honest, the pin hole idea is the best. screw the optics, screw the prisms, screw the knife edes, screw all of this crazy insane optical trains that rival an optical bench at Lawrence Livermore Labs....shoot a beam and throw a pin hole in front of it. PERFECT....tiny round beam! Voila!!!

-Marc

Authorized Dealer for:

• X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers

"Its all crap if it wont blow a hole in a nickel" pat bishoff
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    "Its all crap if it wont blow a hole in a nickel" pat bishoff
    what if we just melt the nickel? lol