Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Learnt something today about red diodes

Now of course it's diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks but if that were my system and the divergence was low, I'd be fine with that for doing shows. Since you're using multiple diodes, essentially it's a multimode laser. I've seen WAYY worse multimode spots that that... but that's just my 2 pence.
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 09-23-2010 at 15:37. Reason: spelling

lol am i being to picky?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

hi

the fringes look like some sort of diffraction patterns... aren't the beams slightly touching the telescopic lenses mounts?

a tenth of a millimeter would suffice on the first telescopic lens to be amplified in the second one and give such a result

Quote Originally Posted by shrad View Post
    hi

the fringes look like some sort of diffraction patterns... aren't the beams slightly touching the telescopic lenses mounts?

a tenth of a millimeter would suffice on the first telescopic lens to be amplified in the second one and give such a result
    dont think its touching the sides but will check.

im going to order some more alum angle today as the heights of the telescopics are wrong anyway
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

heres my point

clean beam

not so clean beam

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I don't think you're being too picky, you know what you'd like to see from that system and it's respectable that you are trying to see to it that you get the desired result.. I just wanted to inject my thoughts and opinions on it to give you an alternate perspective. That spot isn't as clean as the first pic, but it does seem more compact (ie lower divergence) and it might be slightly more powerful since the AR coating on those aixiz glass lenses typically give a few percent better transmission.. just food for thought. Often with projects of all types one might have to find a good compromise between what they want to see from a system and what they realistically can achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    I don't think you're being too picky, you know what you'd like to see from that system and it's respectable that you are trying to see to it that you get the desired result.. I just wanted to inject my thoughts and opinions on it to give you an alternate perspective. That spot isn't as clean as the first pic, but it does seem more compact (ie lower divergence) and it might be slightly more powerful since the AR coating on those aixiz glass lenses typically give a few percent better transmission.. just food for thought. Often with projects of all types one might have to find a good compromise between what they want to see from a system and what they realistically can achieve.
    my goal is arctos quality and power red...

the top pic is 6 beams on top of each other the bottom pic is just one beam, thats might be why the botton pics looks better.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Default beams

You worry to much andy just get it scanning
    you won't notice it. At all. I went though all that with my blue I was gutted
    as soon as I got it scanning. I had a big grin :

i want nothing but perfection and thats what im gona get

believe it or not in its current form its not fit for scanning
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I appreciate your goals of top quality and am rooting for you to tame the reds. I think you are well on your way to perfection. I know that it just takes a lot more time, money & trials than we sometimes like.

Ian